Week 8 - Social Networks
Social networking has become an important part of the library's outreach to patrons. We can "push" information to them when they are not in the library. Please remember that we don't randomly bother patrons...they must visit our social networking site or subscribe in order to get information. Let patrons know that we offer these services.
For this thing, I'd like you to visit the library's social network presence on the web.
Make sure you know how to access our page to get up-to-date information on the library. When you are done exploring our Facebook page, tell me what you think of our social networking presence. Do you use any social networking sites?
Week 8 - Interlibrary Loans
What is an Interlibrary Loan?
When material is not available through any of the sixteen public libraries in Lancaster County, patrons can request the item from libraries outside the Lancaster Library System. This process is an interlibrary loan.
Interlibrary Loan Guidelines
Items that cannot be obtained through Interlibrary Loan
To learn more about the ILL procedure, and how to access and search the Access PA database please watch the slideshow below.
Copy and paste the following text into a Word file. Answer the questions and then attach the Word file to an email and send to email@example.com with your answers. Make sure to send your email from your library account.
Use the Access PA database to answer questions 1 – 5.
1. Search for the ISBN 0817463003. What is the title and who is the author?
2. Search for the title Wilderness of Mirrors by David C. Martin. Provide the book’s publisher, copyright date, and ISBN. Would we be able to request this item?
3. Search for the title Glossed and Found by India Ink. Provide the book’s publisher, copyright date, and ISBN. Would we be able to request this item?
4. Search for the title Ethics and Technology: Controversies, Questions, and Strategies for Ethical Computing by Herman T. Tavani. Provide the book’s publisher, copyright date, and ISBN. Would we be able to request this item?
5. Does the Berks County Library System have the title Barack Obama: A Leader in a Time of Change by Karen Sirvaitis?
6. How much is a patron charged for not picking up an ILL item?
7. If an ILL item is returned 20 days late, what would the patron owe in fines?
8. How long do we hold ILL items for pick-up?
9. True or False: We can renew ILL items at the Ephrata Public Library.
10. True or False: We can request DVDs through Interlibrary Loan.