Personal Finance: Estate Planning
ALA Recommended Books
American Library Association. Financial Literacy in Public Libraries: A Guide for Building Collections.
My thanks go to ALA for inventing this wheel for me.
CFPB's list of financial educational resources
- Do I Need a Living Trust? Information on living trusts and writing a trust.
- Estate Planning Attorney Directory A list of estate planning attorneys with office contact information for each state.
- Estate Planning Info and FAQs An overview on estate planning from the American Bar Association.
- Estate Planning Terms American Bar Association’s glossary of terms on estate planning.
- FindLaw: Estate Planning 101 A basic overview of estate planning. Includes checklists for organizing an estate plan, as well as a section describing the benefits of estate planning and what happens if there is no estate plan in place at the time of death.
- Funeral Planning Consumer information on funeral planning from the Federal Trade Commission.
- Introduction to Wills Basic instruction on writing wills from the American Bar Association.
- Revocable Trusts An overview on revocable trusts from the American Bar Association.
- What Is a Power of Attorney? Power of attorney explanation and related information from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Estate Planning Guide A concise introduction to estate planning from the MetLife Consumer Education Center.
- Financial and Estate Planning Essentials for Unmarried Couples Guidance on estate planning for unmarried couples from TIAA.