Personal Finance: Family
ALA Recommended Books
American Library Association. Financial Literacy in Public Libraries: A Guide for Building Collections.
My thanks go to ALA for inventing this wheel for me.
CFPB's list of financial educational resources
- Children and Credit Answers about starting a child’s credit history from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Consumer Finance Information for Parents and Caregivers Activities and conversation starters to help children develop money skills, habits, and attitudes that will serve them well in the transition to adulthood.
- Consumer Finance Information for Servicemen and Families Resources for military families from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Insure Kids Now Information about low-cost health insurance options for children.
- Kiplinger Family Finance A family financial management guide from the well-known publisher of Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine.
- Pocket Cents Resources for parents and educators to teach children money management and personal finance skills.
- Family Financial Planning: Finance 360 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy is a program offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. The program offers family financial planning guidance relevant to key life events.
- Money Sense for Your Children – A Home Study Series From the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, resources to help parents teach their children about the value of money.
- Telling Your Kids How Much You Make Article on family finance from The New York Times.
- Wealthy Single Mom