Personal Finance: Taxes
ALA Recommended Books
American Library Association. Financial Literacy in Public Libraries: A Guide for Building Collections.
My thanks go to ALA for inventing this wheel for me.
CFPB's list of financial educational resources
- Filing Taxes for Free IRS information on filing taxes for free.
- Free Tax Return Preparation for Qualifying Taxpayers An IRS webpage explaining the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs, both of which offer free tax assistance.
- Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA) An IRS tool providing responses to tax law questions.
- IRS Forms and Publications Individual and business tax forms and instructions. Updated annually.
- Alternative Payment Plans IRS information about alternative payment options for taxes.
- National Taxpayers Union A nonprofit organization that provides research and resources on taxes and taxpayers in the United States.
- Sales Tax Deductions An IRS calculator to help determine your sales tax deduction.
- Tax Benefits for Education IRS guidelines on education tax benefits.
- Tax Information for Servicemembers Tax tips and information for servicemembers and their families compiled by Military.com.
- Tax Policy Center A collaboration between the Brookings Institution and the Urban Institute, the Tax Policy Center provides analysis and data on tax policies in the United States.