Personal Finance: Insurance
- Auto Insurance U.S. government resources for car repairs and car insurance.
- FloodSmart.gov National Flood Insurance Program information from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Healthcare.gov Starting point for federal health insurance options.
- Health Care Coverage for Students Options for healthcare coverage for teens and college students, from healthcare.gov.
- Health Insurance Options Health Insurance information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Home Owner’s Insurance An overview of a basic home owner’s insurance policy.
- Insurance Commissioners A link map leading to each state’s insurance commissioner.
- Insurance Overview Insurance overview from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- InsureKidsNow.gov Commonly asked question on low-cost health insurance for children.
- Life Insurance Guide A useful overview of life insurance from the California Department of Insurance.
- LongTermCare.gov Long-term healthcare resources from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Medicaid Government health insurance option for low-income individuals.
- Medicare The federal health insurance option for those 65 or older.
- Property Insurance U.S. government resources about different forms of property insurance.
- Renter’s Insurance An overview of renter’s insurance.
- Smart About Money—Insurance A basic self-paced courses from the National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE).
- Tips on Marketplace Insurance Useful guide to help with obtaining marketplace insurance from Healthcare.gov.
American Library Association. Financial Literacy in Public Libraries: A Guide for Building Collections.
My thanks go to ALA for inventing this wheel for me.
CFPB's list of financial educational resources