Personal Finance: Real Estate
ALA Recommended Books
American Library Association. Financial Literacy in Public Libraries: A Guide for Building Collections.
My thanks go to ALA for inventing this wheel for me.
CFPB's list of financial educational resources
- Buying a Home Instructional guide from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Find a Housing Counselor Find a federally approved agent for various independent housing services.
- How Much House Can I Afford? A calculator to help determine the maximum-price home you can afford based on your financial circumstances and preferred location.
- Making Home Affordable® Program A federal government resource to assist struggling homeowners with avoiding foreclosure.
- Mortgage Answers A starting point for answering mortgage questions from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Mortgage Types An overview on various mortgage type, with the pros and cons to decide which option is best for the consumer.
- My Home Freddie Mac’s resources to help consumers rent, buy, or maintain a home.
- National Rent Affordability Calculator A tool that lists available rentals in your preferred location that fit your monthly budget.
- Rent vs. Buy A guide from Freddie Mac that helps consumers decide if renting or buying is the right option.
- Shopping for a Mortgage Guidance from the Federal Trade Commission on what to look for in a mortgage.
- Avoiding Foreclosure Authoritative information from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for homeowners facing foreclosure.
- Consumer Handbook on Adjustable-Rate Mortgages An overview of adjustable-rate mortgages from the U.S. Federal Reserve Board.
- Foreclosure Resource Center A compendium of resources about foreclosure compiled by the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Includes consumer information, policy and regulatory information, and research.
- Home Equity Comprehensive information and resources on home equity from the National Council on Aging.
- Mortgage Refinancing A guide with calculators and worksheets from the Federal Reserve Board to help consumers make informed decisions about whether to refinance a home mortgage.
- National Association of Realtors Research and statistics about property markets in the United States and abroad.
- Real Estate Finance Terms A concise glossary of real estate investment terms.
- Your Guide to Reverse Mortgages Information on reverse mortgages from the National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association.