Personal Finance: Retirement
ALA Recommended Books
American Library Association. Financial Literacy in Public Libraries: A Guide for Building Collections.
My thanks go to ALA for inventing this wheel for me.
CFPB's list of financial educational resources
- AARP AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that helps to enhance quality of life for people 50 years and older.
- Ballpark E$timate A calculator to estimate how much to save for retirement.
- Benefits Planner A guide to retirement, disability, and survivor benefits from the Social Security Administration.
- How to Apply for Retirement Benefits Instructions for the online, in person, or telephone application for Social Security retirement benefits.
- Kiplinger's Retirement Kiplinger’s personal finance resources for those in the retirement transition.
- Managing Retirement Income A FINRA website dedicated to managing retirement income sources, tax issues, selecting payout methods, working in retirement, and managing health care costs.
- My Retirement Paycheck A guide from the National Endowment for Financial Education for managing retirement income sources, avoiding fraud, and minimizing the impact of debt on retirement resources.
- Retirement Planner, Social Security Administration Step-by-step instructions on retirement planning from the Social Security Administration.
- Retirement Savings IRS guidance on saving for retirement.
- When to Start Your Benefits A set of questions from the Social Security Administration to help determine the right age for accessing your retirement benefits.
- The 7 Deadly Sins of Personal Finance Behavioral tips from AARP to help retirees and pre-retirees avoid common personal finance mistakes.
- Benefits Checkup A service from the National Council on Aging to help seniors find benefit programs. Includes straightforward descriptions of the types of benefits available to older Americans.
- Home Equity Advisor This National Council on Aging website guides seniors through important considerations about using home equity during retirement.
- National Registry of Unclaimed Retirement Benefits A nationwide database listing retirement account balances that have been unclaimed.
- Saving Matters A retirement savings education campaign sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor. Includes practical information for employees and employers.
- Suspending Retirement Benefit Payments Information on suspending retirement benefit payments from the Social Security Administration.