Personal Finance: Teens
ALA Recommended Books
- CashCourse An online personal money management course for college students from the National Endowment for Financial Education.
- Gen I Revolution A personal finance simulation for teens from the Council for Economic Education.
- Health Care Coverage for Students Overview of options on healthcare coverage for teens and college students, from healthcare.gov.
- High School Financial Planning Program A financial education program for teens between the ages of 13 and 19 offered by the National Endowment for Financial Education.
- Jump$tart Clearinghouse A database of curricula and other resources to teach financial literacy.
- National Standards in K–12 Personal Finance Education Standards for what young people should know and can do when it comes to money management. Compiled by the Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy.
- Student Banking: Managing Your Money Information geared towards teens from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau about opening a bank account.
- Teens & Money Multimedia financial education materials for teens compiled by the FINRA Investor Education Foundation.
- Building Your Future—A Financial Literacy Curriculum Resource A financial literacy curriculum for high schools from the Actuarial Foundation.
- Financial Literacy for High School Students Financial literacy lesson plans from InCharge Debt Solutions, a nonprofit that offers various forms of financial counseling.
- Love Your Money An online money management course for college students developed by faculty from five major public universities.
- Money Smart for Young People Basic personal finance program from the FDIC. Includes different versions organized by grade level.
- Moneytopia Interactive game that teaches saving and money management skills to teens.
- Next Gen Personal Finance A curriculum and activities to teach young adults about saving, investing, and the basics of money management.
- Plan, Save, Succeed Developed by the Actuarial Foundation in partnership with Scholastic, this story-driven program provides financial knowledge and skill-building activities for middle school students.
- Putting Your Paycheck to Work A module on paycheck deductions from the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
American Library Association. Financial Literacy in Public Libraries: A Guide for Building Collections.
My thanks go to ALA for inventing this wheel for me.
CFPB's list of financial educational resources