Stay curious, stay inspired, stay connected!: Ben Riley - classical guitarist
Resources and ideas for this time of corona virus isolation.
Ben Riley is a classical and acoustic guitarist, singer, songwriter, writer, and music educator. He has a Bachelor’s of Music in Classical Guitar Performance from Nyack College and is a graduate of Berklee College of Music’s Master Guitar Certificate Program. Ben performs his unique blend of folk-rock and classical guitar music at a wide variety of venues throughout the Hudson Valley and beyond. Ben teaches guitar, bass, mandolin, banjo, ukulele, beginner piano, and music theory lessons privately and at Rivertown Music. Ben has written articles on music and education for Life Learning Magazine, Tipping Points Magazine, and Grey House Publishing, and recently completed an internship with the College Music Society as content editor of their journal, College Music Symposium. He is currently pursuing graduate studies in Music Theory at Hunter College. https://benguitarmusic.com/Please enjoy this special video made just for us! Listen and learn about the Renaissance.
“Renaissance: A Time For Renewal”
- Gallery of GuitarClassical Guitar performances from Matthew McAllister and friends.
Widely regarded as one of the most exciting and talented Guitarists in Europe Matthew has been delighting audiences worldwide with his insightful performances and effortless presentation in a concert career spanning well over a decade. Matthew has performed at major venues across the world such as The Concertgebouw Amsterdam, The Purcell Room & St Martin in the Fields, London, Teatro Britanico, Lima, The Sage, Gateshead, Cenart, Mexico City, Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Eugene O’Neil Theater, San Jose and Dom Armije, Sarajevo to name a few. Matthew has toured extensively throughout North & South America, Canada, Europe and Asia both as a soloist and chamber musician, and has also produced an extensive discography with Baros Records. As an educator Matthew holds the posts of Classical Guitar Lecturer at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, and is the Director of the Classical Guitar Retreat.
- Digital Mozart EditionOn the one hand, the DME presents Mozart’s musical works in new digital formats and dedicates itself to online editions of letters and documents as well as the text sources to Mozart’s vocal works. On the other hand, the DME provides information about musical compositions and their sources including information on their transmission and reception.
- Tommy EmmanuelThe Official YouTube Page for fingerstyle guitarist - Tommy Emmanuel, CGP.
Tommy Emmanuel has achieved enough musical milestones to satisfy several lifetimes. At the age of six, he was touring regional Australia with his family band. By 30, he was a rock n’ roll lead guitarist burning up stadiums in Europe. At 44, he became one of five people ever named a Certified Guitar Player (or CGP) by his idol, music icon Chet Atkins. Today, he plays hundreds of sold-out shows every year from Nashville to Sydney to London. Since he and his brother Phil taught themselves to play as toddlers, the guitar has been Tommy’s real first language–and he’s more articulate on his signature Melbourne-made Maton acoustics than most people are with words. Influenced by the Merle Travis/Chet Atkins fingerstyle of guitar picking, Tommy developed a style of solo guitar playing that encompasses the range of a whole band– covering drums, bass, rhythm and lead guitar and a vocal melody simultaneously.
- Amy Turk harpAmy Turk is a classically trained harpist, arranger, composer and session artist from the UK with special interests in percussion, video games, film scores and popular music of all styles.
- Siccas GuitarsClassical guitars are our passion! We are specialized in the highest quality concert guitars as well as historic guitars from around the world. Our passion for these unique instruments and the joy to give guitarists, passionate players, and collectors the possibility to purchase their own appropriate instrument is the motivation that drives us. Another focus is to work closely with established and young, largely unknown luthiers. Together we want to develop new ideas and share experiences with our customers. New offers, reports, videos and event notifications, dealing with the topic of the guitar, are constantly updated and also sent out as a newsletter. Everybody who is interested can subscribe to this newsletter.
- Metronome OnlineInspire your music practice through interviews and thoughts of master musicians.