Pine Bush Area Public Library Local History Collection: Newburgh, NY
A guide to published and un-published works related to the history of Pine Bush, the Town of Crawford and the Hudson Valley Region
Institutions and Organizations
- Newburgh, her institution, industries, and leading citizens : historical, descriptive and biographical byCall Number: 974.73 NUTPublication Date: 1891
- St. Luke's Hospital School of Nursing, Newburgh, New York, 1893-1964.Call Number: 610.73 ST.
- Varick's Newburgh byCall Number: 287.8 JONISBN: 9780805959161Publication Date: 2003-08-01
- Newburgh byCall Number: 974.731 BARPublication Date: 2000
- Newburgh and its environsCall Number: 974.731 NEWPublication Date: 1909
- Newburgh byCall Number: 974.731 FAVISBN: 9780738535937Publication Date: 2004-07-21Newburgh: The Heart of the City focuses on one of the widest thoroughfares in the Northeast, Broadway, the main street in Newburgh, measuring one hundred thirty-two feet across. Known as "the heart of the city," Broadway was the activity center in the twentieth century. It was lined with government offices, commercial and business enterprises, schools, churches, restaurants, firehouses, farms, fortune-tellers, and entertainment and recreational establishments. Broadway was not only the street of everyman but also the street of presidents, playing host to both Franklin D. Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy.