Pine Bush Area Public Library Local History Collection: Genealogy
A guide to published and un-published works related to the history of Pine Bush, the Town of Crawford and the Hudson Valley Region
Family Histories and Memoirs
- A Life Worth Living byCall Number: B GillespiePublication Date: 1981
- John M. Winters: the years of 1902 to 1955 byPublication Date: 1981Photocopy of Chapter 27: Pine Bush (From 1902 to 1913). All rights reserved.
- John Harris of Montgomery, NY/ The Crawford Family byCall Number: REF 929.2 POPCompilation of two genealogical works: John Harris of Montgomery, NY by Elizabeth Pope and The Crawford Family compiled by Nellie Z.R. Moyneux. Includes research notes and family trees.
- Van Keulen / Van Keuren, Van Kuren / Van Curen : a family histor byCall Number: 929.2 VANPublication Date: 1998
- Charlie's days: Recollections of a one-time farm boy- how it was on the Orange-Sullivan border back in the 1920s and 1930s byCall Number: 974.731 CRIPublication Date: 1983
- Bowen Research byCall Number: REF 929.2 BOWResearch notes of the Bowen Family of Shawangunk, New York; starting with Seth Bowen (1771-1836).
- Pine Bush in the Early Twentieth Century byCall Number: REF 974.731 SVEPublication Date: 1979Monograph of the history of Pine Bush, New York during the early 20th century using interviews with local residents conducted around 1979. Interviewees include: Ann Hill Adams, Raymond Hill, Andrew Burkinshaw, Marion Baker Cooley, Alice Birr Crawford, Helen Piggott Davis, Thelma Kain, Colin Keir, Della Canfield Markwood, Alvin and Beatrice McKaig, Edith Smith, Mildred Stewart, George Thompson, Warren Van Houten. 40 Pages
- Family SearchOur records span billions of names across hundreds of collections—including birth, marriage, death, probate, land, military, IGI extracted, and more.
- Biography in ContextA comprehensive database of biographical information on over 1 million people from throughout history, around the world, & across all disciplines and subject areas.
Funded by the RCLS Central Library (Newburgh Free Library).
Magazines and Journals
- Orange County Genealogical Society : [newsletter]Publication Date: 1971 - 1976Issues from 1971-1976. Folder on local history shelf labeled "REF 974.731 ORA"
- New York in the Revolution As Colony and State byCall Number: 973.3 ROBISBN: 9780806314891Publication Date: 1996-12-01Original 1898 printing
- Banners and bugles : a record of Ulster County, New York and the mid-Hudson region in the Civil War byCall Number: 973.734 PLAPublication Date: 1963
- A war to petrify the heart : the Civil War letters of a Dutchess County, N.Y. volunteer byCall Number: 973.744 VANISBN: 9781883789121Publication Date: 1997-06-01
- History of the One Hundred Twenty-Fourth N. Y. Volunteers Infantry byCall Number: 973.744 WEYISBN: 9780913419458Publication Date: 1986Cover title: History of the 124th New York Volunteers. Reprint. Originally published: Newburgh : Journal Printing House, 1877.
- This regiment of heroes : a compilation of primary materials pertaining to the 124th New York State volunteers in the American Civil War byCall Number: 973.782 THIPublication Date: 1991
- A condensed history of the 56th Regiment, New York Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which was a part of the organization known as the Tenth Legion in the Civil War, 1861-1865 : together with a register or roster of all the members of the regiment, and the war byCall Number: 974.7 FISPublication Date: 1906
- New York and the war with Spain : history of the Empire State Regiments byCall Number: 974.731 NEWPublication Date: 1903
- Ulster County in the Revolution : (a guide to those who served) byCall Number: 973.34 ULSPublication Date: 1977
- Death of Benjamin DutcherCall Number: REF 974.731 CIVPublication Date: Collection of materials related to Benjamin Dutcher, Company N., 124th New York State Volunteers.
- Cemeteries of the Town of Crawford (Burials prior to 1900) byCall Number: REF 929.3 WitPublication Date: 1990Alphabetical listing of burials in Town of Crawford Cemeteries prior to 1900. Includes: Bruyn, Dickerson, Gillespie, Graham's Church, Hill, Hopewell Church and Howell burial grounds.
- Hopewell Church At WorkCall Number: REF 974.731 HopPublication Date: 1973History of the Hopewell Presbyterian Church, Thompson Ridge, New York from 1778 to the 1970's including information for new members.
- Records of the Hopewell Presbyterian Church, Thompson Ridge, New YorkCall Number: REF 974.731 HopBaptismal, marriage and death records from 1793-1905. Includes list of parishioners.
- Varick's Newburgh: history of the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church of Newburgh, New York 1827-2001 byCall Number: 287.8 JONISBN: 9780805959161Publication Date: 2003-08-01
- Centennial history of the Webb Horton Memorial Presbyterian Church. byCall Number: 974.73 BOYPublication Date: 1954
- The Community church of Bloomingburg and the Bloomingburg community.Call Number: 974.731 COMPublication Date: 1984
- A tower of the Lord in the Land of Goshen : a history written in commemoration of the 225th anniversary of the First Presbyterian Church, Goshen, NY, 1720-1945 byCall Number: 974.731 SEEPublication Date: 1945