Pine Bush Area Public Library Local History Collection: Military History
A guide to published and un-published works related to the history of Pine Bush, the Town of Crawford and the Hudson Valley Region
American Revolutionary War (1775-1783)
- Landmarks of the American Revolution in New York State byCall Number: 917.47 THU 1972Publication Date: 1972
- The Indians : or, Narratives of massacres and depredations on the frontier, in Wawasink and its vicinity during the American Revolution byCall Number: 970.447 BEVPublication Date: 1846
- The Iroquois in the American Revolution byCall Number: 973.3 GRAISBN: 9780815600831Publication Date: 1972-02-01
- New York in the Revolution As Colony and State byCall Number: 973.3 ROBISBN: 9780806314891Publication Date: 1996-12-01
- Ulster County in the Revolution : (a guide to those who served) : a project of Ulster County Bicentennial Commission byCall Number: 973.34 ULSPublication Date: 1977
- Abraham Yates, Jr., and the new political order in Revolutionary New York byCall Number: 974.7 BIEPublication Date: 1975
- The Hudson Valley in the American Revolution byCall Number: 974.73 VENPublication Date: 1975
- Bloody Mohawk byCall Number: 974.76 BERISBN: 9781883789664Publication Date: 2010-01-15This sweeping historical narrative chronicles events instrumental in the painful birth of a new nation from the Bloody Morning Scout and the massacre at Fort William Henry to the disastrous siege of Quebec, the heroic but lopsided Battle of Valcour Island, the horrors of Oriskany, and the tragedies of Pennsylvania's Wyoming Valley massacre and the Sullivan-Clinton Expedition's destruction of the Iroquois homeland in western New York State. Caught in the middle of it all was the Mohawk River Valley.
In this narrative history of the Mohawk River Valley and surrounding region from 1713 to1794, Professor Richard Berleth charts the passage of the valley from a fast-growing agrarian region streaming with colonial traffic to a war-ravaged wasteland. The valley's diverse cultural mix of Iroquois Indians, Palatine Germans, Scots-Irish, Dutch, English, and Highland Scots played as much of a role as its unique geography in the cataclysmic events of the 1700s the French and Indian Wars and the battles of the American Revolution. Patriots eventually wrenched the valley from British interests and the Iroquois nations, but at fearsome cost. When the fighting was over, the valley lay in ruins and as much as two-thirds of its population lay dead or had been displaced. But by not holding this vital inland waterway the gateway to the West, the river between the mountains, America might have lost the Revolution, as well as much or all of the then poorly defined province of New York.
- Vertical File: Washington's Headquarters, NewburghCall Number: REF 974.731 WASVerticle file containing information on Washington's Headquarters, Newburgh and New Windsor Cantonment. Folder labeled "REF 974.731 WAS"
American Civil War (1861-1865)
- A war to petrify the heart : the Civil War letters of a Dutchess County, N.Y. volunteer byCall Number: 973.744 VANISBN: 9781883789121Publication Date: 1997-06-01
- Banners and bugles : a record of Ulster County, New York and the mid-Hudson region in the Civil War byCall Number: 973.734 PLAPublication Date: 1963
- This regiment of heroes : a compilation of primary materials pertaining to the 124th New York State volunteers in the American Civil War byCall Number: 973.782 THIPublication Date: 1991
- History of the One Hundred Twenty-Fourth N. Y. Volunteers Infantry byCall Number: 973.744 WEYISBN: 9780913419458Publication Date: 1986Cover title: History of the 124th New York Volunteers. Reprint. Originally published: Newburgh : Journal Printing House, 1877.
- A condensed history of the 56th Regiment, New York Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which was a part of the organization known as the Tenth Legion in the Civil War, 1861-1865 : together with a register or roster of all the members of the regiment, and the war byCall Number: 974.7 FISPublication Date: 1906
- Death of Benjamin DutcherCall Number: REF 974.731 CIVPublication Date: Collection of materials related to Benjamin Dutcher, Company N., 124th New York State Volunteers.
Spanish American War (April 25, 1898-August 12, 1898)
- New York and the war with Spain : history of the Empire State Regiments byCall Number: 974.731 NEWPublication Date: 1903