Branding your library with Local History: Flickr
Enhance your library's image by uncovering your community's past! From book displays to online exhibits; learn how to introduce patrons to your local history treasures.
- Flickr is a free service that allows users to upload images and video to a “Photostream” and curate online collections.
- You can create online exhibits via creating “Sets” of images based on a topic; 18 images per set.
- Users can embed metadata to image descriptions; linking them to your library’s website or local history page.
- Flickr allows users to provide feedback via comments boxes, assigning tags and adding images to their “Favorites” page.
- You can also track the number of hits and favorites your images receive.
- Free, accessible to those with basic computer skills and allows for user interaction.
- Clunky interface; “information overload”, limitation on number of photos per-set, difficult to search specific photostreams.