Branding your library with Local History: Location and Visibility
Enhance your library's image by uncovering your community's past! From book displays to online exhibits; learn how to introduce patrons to your local history treasures.
In the Library
Wallkill Public Library Interior, 1937.
Wallkill Public Library Local History Collection
- Have clear signage that advertises the location of your local history section
- Establish a space where patrons can use the collections
- Create special exhibits and promote them using flyers, brochures and press releases
On the Web
Your Library's website is the "Front Door" to your organization!
- Create a page specifically for your local history collections
- Digitize rare materials and create online exhibits for patrons to access
Can you find the Local History page on these websites?