For Seniors and Those Who Love and Care for Them: Deadline Extensions
The COVID-19 Pandemic has left our senior population most vulnerable and isolated. This resource has been developed with their needs in mind.
Extensions Related to Finance
- Federal and NY State Tax Deadline extended to July 15:
- NYS Department of Financial Services New Emergency Regulation - 90 Day Mortgage Forbearance Information (note: requires demonstrated financial hardship)
- New Yorkers without health insurance can apply through NY State of Health through July15, 2020; must apply within 60 days of losing coverage
Extensions Related to Eligibility Programs:
- NYS is waiving the 7-Day waiting period for Unemployment Insurance benefits for people who are out of work due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) closures or quarantines
- Extension of recertification for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and/or Temporary Assistance Cash Benefits (TA) with Medicaid (MA) recertifications
- 2020 Census Operational Adjustments
- The 2020-21 Nyack School Budget and Trustee Board Elections has passed. Results have been posted on the district web site.
- Click here for Applicable deadline information (Voter's registration, Absentee Ballot, and General Election)
- Federal Real ID needed to board a domestic flight (within the U.S.), or enter military bases and certain federal facilities deadline extended to October 1, 2021
- U.S. Department Department of State Passport Services delays and availability
- New York State Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) changes - information on office closure, license, registration, and inspection extensions and Traffic Violations Bureau processing