It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
For Seniors and Those Who Love and Care for Them: Deadline Extensions
The COVID-19 Pandemic has left our senior population most vulnerable and isolated. This resource has been developed with their needs in mind.
Extensions Related to Finance
- 2020 Tax filing deadline has been extended to May 17. See below links on what to do about if you will be filing your 2020 taxes late:
- NYS Department of Financial Services New Emergency Regulation - 90 Day Mortgage Forbearance Information (note: requires demonstrated financial hardship)
- New Yorkers without health insurance can apply through NY State of Health. The deadline has been extended.
Extensions Related to Eligibility Programs:
- NYS is waiving the 7-Day waiting period for Unemployment Insurance benefits for people who are out of work due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) closures or quarantines
- The 2021-2022 Nyack School Budget and Trustee Board Elections information has been posted on the district web site.
- Federal Real ID needed to board a domestic flight (within the U.S.), or enter military bases and certain federal facilities deadline extended to October 1, 2021
- U.S. Department Department of State Passport Services delays and availability
- New York State Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) changes - information on office closure, license, registration, and inspection extensions and Traffic Violations Bureau processing