It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
For Seniors and Those Who Love and Care for Them: Deadline Extensions
The COVID-19 Pandemic has left our senior population most vulnerable and isolated. This resource has been developed with their needs in mind.
Extensions Related to Finance
- Federal and NY State Tax Deadline was extended to July 15 which has passed. See below links on what to do about filing late:
- NYS Department of Financial Services New Emergency Regulation - 90 Day Mortgage Forbearance Information (note: requires demonstrated financial hardship)
- New Yorkers without health insurance can apply through NY State of Health through December 31, 2020; must apply within 60 days of losing coverage
Extensions Related to Eligibility Programs:
- NYS is waiving the 7-Day waiting period for Unemployment Insurance benefits for people who are out of work due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) closures or quarantines
- Extension of recertification for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and/or Temporary Assistance Cash Benefits (TA) with Medicaid (MA) recertifications
- 2020 Census Operational Adjustments
- The 2020-21 Nyack School Budget and Trustee Board Elections has passed. Results have been posted on the district web site.
- To avoid possible lengthy waiting lines on Election Day, Click here for applicable deadline information (Voter's registration, Absentee Ballot, and General Election). Voters can choose to vote in person before November 3rd to avoid potential long waiting lines. The Early Voting period for the November General Election will be October 24, 2020 - November 1, 2020. In addition, completed absentee ballots can be placed in designated drop boxes at early voting centers during the early voting period or even earlier during normal business hours. Click here for times and locations in Rockland County.
- Federal Real ID needed to board a domestic flight (within the U.S.), or enter military bases and certain federal facilities deadline extended to October 1, 2021
- U.S. Department Department of State Passport Services delays and availability
- New York State Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) changes - information on office closure, license, registration, and inspection extensions and Traffic Violations Bureau processing