Concept Books: Directions
Picture books about shapes, colors, senses, and telling time.
Suggested Book List
- Beach Ball - Left, Right byISBN: 9780823409464Publication Date: 1992-03-01This simple concept book focuses on a beach ball and the meaning of left and right.
- In, over and on the Farm byISBN: 9780399169076Publication Date: 2015-08-18It’s time for fun on the farm with the Geisel Award-winning author of Up, Tall, and High! Why is Pig inside Chicken’s coop? How many animal friends can fit on top of a tractor? Lift the flaps to find out in three easy-to-read stories that will take readers all over the farm!
- Joey and Jet byISBN: 9780689869266Publication Date: 2004-08-24A boy, his dog, and their ball lead very young readers on a citywide chase. Jet the pup tracks the ball to a series of amusing places, then revisits each one as he returns with the ball to his boy, Joey. Full color.
- Left or Right? byISBN: 9780395580806Publication Date: 1991-09-23Introduces the concept of left and right through a series of photographs, in which locating the objects becomes increasingly challenging.
- What's up, What's Down? byISBN: 9780060297572Publication Date: 2002-08-06Pretend you're a toad. Look up. What do you see? Imagine you're a whale. Look down. What do you see? Now, come along on a picture book journey that invites you to see the world from many different perspectives. Look up, down, and everywhere in between. What do you see?
- Where Is Jumper? byISBN: 9781481445085Publication Date: 2015-10-13Take a peek at prepositions while searching for a missing mouse in this clever concept book from the author of Balancing Act. The mice can’t find their friend Jumper! They look over branches and under leaves. They look between the weeds and down into Mole’s tunnel. But still no Jumper. Where, oh where, could their sneaky pal be? In the tradition of Ellen Stoll Walsh’s beloved concept books Balancing Act, Mouse Paint, and Mouse Shapes, this story explores prepositions through the antics of charming, fun-loving mice.