NYS Home School and Educational Resources: K-5 Resources
New York State Learning Standards
- The New York State Kindergarten Learning Standards: A Resource for School Success
consolidates all kindergarten learning standards into one document. This resource follows the New York State Prekindergarten Learning Standards: A Resource for School Success which is the updated version of the New York State Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core Learning Standards, published in 2012.
- The New York State First Grade Learning Standards: A Resource for School Success consolidates all frst grade learning standards into one document. This resource follows The New York State Prekindergarten Learning Standards: A Resource or School Success and The New York State Kindergarten Learning Standards: Resource for School Success which were both published in 2019.
- The New York State Second Grade Learning Standards: A Resource for School Success
consolidates all second grade learning standards into one document. This resource follows The New York State Prekindergarten Learning Standards: A Resource for School Success, The New York State Kindergarten Learning Standards: A resource for School Success, and The New York State First Grade Learning Standards: A Resource for School Success which were all published in 2019.
Biographies for Beginners: Illustrated biographies written especially for beginning and striving readers.
Shapers of Society: 101 men and women who shaped our world. Over 1,000 illustrations.
Sports Champions: 700 inspiring stories with 1,500 illustrations of athletes from all sports.
U.S. & World Biography: 10,000 biographies of famous people from around the world. More than 2,000 illustrations.
Greek & Roman Mythology: 500 articles on Greek and Roman mythological figures with more than 300 illustrations.
Funded by the Moffat Library of Washingtonville.
CLICK TO ACCESS FROM HOME:
- PreK - 3rd Grade Learning at HomeSchools and daycares have closed in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. The Office of Early Learning has provided activities and resources for families and educators to use while children are at home. Some activities are online computer resources, while others make use of non-technological resources. Educators are developing ways to use technology in continuity of learning plans.
- Awesome Library for KidsAwesome Library organizes the Web
with 37,000 carefully reviewed resources.
- code.orgCode.org® is a nonprofit dedicated to expanding access to computer science in schools and increasing participation by women and underrepresented youth. Our vision is that every student in every school has the opportunity to learn computer science, just like biology, chemistry or algebra.
- New York State MuseumThe New York State Museum serves the lifelong educational needs of New Yorkers and visitors through its collections, exhibitions, scholarship, programs, media and publications in science, history, anthropology, and art. The Museum explores and expresses New York State’s significant natural and cultural diversity, past and present.
- NYS Library Selected Education WebsitesThis list includes general educational resources, information on distance learning, and more.
- Summer Reading at NY Libraries, KidsWe’ve got a ton of fun stuff waiting for you so stick around and check out what we have.
- The Starfall Website is a program service of Starfall Education Foundation, a publicly supported nonprofit organization. Starfall has been teaching children to read with phonics for well over a decade. The systematic approach, in conjunction with audiovisual interactivity, is perfect for preschool, kindergarten, first grade, second grade,
special education, home school, and English language development (ELD, ELL, ESL).