It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Valley Cottage Volunteers: Mandatory Volunteer Rules
Rules for Volunteers
- Arrive on time and ready for work.
- If unable to work, inform library staff as soon as possible. Call (845)268-7700.
- No cell phone use while working.
- Stay on task, follow directions, and have a helpful and responsible attitude.
- Work independently for short periods of time with indirect supervision.
- When patrons require assistance, the volunteer must refer them to a staff member.
- You are a representative of the Valley Cottage Library and must dress and behave appropriately.
If any of the guidelines are not followed, the supervisor may terminate this volunteer opportunity.