Moffat Library Databases: Science
- The National Library of Medicine's digital archive of life sciences literature (for medical and health services professionals).
Funded by the National Library of Medicine
- Researchers can instantly access hundreds of today’s most well-read and influential periodicals in a single search. Featuring coverage from 1980 to the present, Computer Database is the perfect source for research on trends and innovations in the ever-changing world of technology.
CLICK TO ACCESS FROM HOME:
UNdata is a web-based data service for the global user community. Users can search and download a variety of statistical resources compiled by the United Nations (UN) statistical system and other international agencies. The numerous databases and tables contain over 60 million data points and cover a wide range of statistical themes including agriculture, crime, communication, development assistance, education, energy, environment, finance, gender, health, labor market, manufacturing, national accounts, population and migration, science and technology, tourism, transport, and trade.
Funded by the United Nations
WolframAlpha - Knowledge Search Engine
Compute expert-level answers using Wolfram’s breakthrough algorithms, knowledgebase and AI technology
Science Fair Ideas
Find fun, innovative, and comprehensive science fair ideas. Excel in STEM classes with a host of intellectually-stimulating and cutting-edge science education resources!
Use Google's resource library to find problems worth solving, inspiration for ideas, help developing a solution, and tips for communicating results. Review past winners and see some of the ideas helping to make our world a better place!
- Air & Space byAs an adjunct of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Air and Space Museum, Air & Space magazine matches the grand scope of the Museum, encompassing every era of aviation and space exploration, and publishes extensively about the Museum collection.
- National GeographicChronicles exploration and adventure, as well as changes that impact life on Earth. Editorial coverage encompasses people and places of the world, with an emphasis on human involvement in a changing universe. Major topics include culture, nature, geography, ecology, science and technology.
- Horticulture byDedicated to celebrating the passion of avid gardeners who take delight in gardens and garden-making.
- Popular SciencePopular Science magazine is one of the nation's oldest and imost influential magazines on trends in the scientific world. It provides a way for you to stay updated on the newest technology, inventions, and theories that affect our world today. Popular Science magazine also has many practical and insightful news stories that every household can use.
- SmithsonianISBN: B004T1Z7PEFocuses on topics and subject matters researched, studied and exhibited by the Smithsonian Institution -- science, history, art, popular culture and innovation.
Science & Government Agencies
The PLANTS Database provides standardized information about the vascular plants, mosses, liverworts, hornworts, and lichens of the U.S. and its territories.
Find research and reports on topics such as air and pollution, chemicals and toxins, greener living and sustainable energy, landfills and waste cleanup, and water.
Browse USGS science programs and activities by topics such as land resources, coasts, geology, minerals, energy, natural hazards, and geospatial data.
Explore space station updates, video and image galleries, a calendar of upcoming NASA events, and air and space topics.
Science Education Websites
Meet the Animals - National Zoo
Meet the residents of the Smithsonian's National Zoo! With amazing close-up photos, details on conservation status, size, natural habitats, and more, this is a great place to learn more about the animal kingdom.
How did humans evolve, spread across the world, and come to influence the environment so significantly? With evidence drawn from genetics, archeology, and anthropology, the Smithsonian explores what it means to be human and new discoveries paleo-anthropology.
Web Development and Computer Programming - W3Schools
From classic and historical chemistry experiments to the periodic table, this education resource from the Royal Society of Chemistry helps students, educators, and the general public understand and enjoy the world of elements and molecules.
Physics Resources - ThoughtCo.
Understand how matter and energy work. From gravity to electricity to the frontiers of modern physics, ThoughtCo. offers useful and streamlined articles on a variety of scientific topic.
Engage with a comprehensive discussion of physics topics, creatively linked together to build upon each other and enhance understanding. Starting with foundational concepts and equations, HyperPhysics gradually leads students through more challenging and powerful scenarios. These ideas are then demonstrated with real-life examples and calculations.