Moffat Library Databases: Genealogy
Core Genealogy Datebases
- Ancestry Library Edition - WashingtonvilleProvides access to a wide range of resources for genealogical and historical research, including images of the decennial U.S. census from 1790-1930, passenger lists, military records, court, land & probate records, birth, marriage & death records, church records and more! New content added daily.
Funded by Friends of the Moffat Library
For use in the library only.
- Ancestry.com New York RecordsSeveral New York repositories have formed a partnership with Ancestry.com to digitize family history records and make them available on line for free. Descriptions of the records as well as the holding organizations are provided through the links and logos on the Ancestry.com New York web page.
Access courtesy of the New York State Archives
- HeritageQuest Online - Washingtonville
Genealogy & The American Revolution
Historic Graves and Monuments
- Find A GraveFind A Grave is one of the best places on the internet to look for burial and other final disposition information for your family, friends and famous people. The site provides tools that let people from all over the world work together, share information and build an online, virtual cemetery experience.
- Billion GravesBillionGraves's goal is to preserve precious records found in cemeteries throughout the world. They use modern technology to capture images of headstones with their GPS locations so users worldwide can access those records anywhere. BillionGraves strives to do just that: preserve at least one billion graves. And that is just the beginning!
- National Register of Historic PlacesThe National Register of Historic Places is the official list of the Nation's historic places worthy of preservation. Authorized by the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, the National Park Service's National Register of Historic Places is part of a national program to coordinate and support public and private efforts to identify, evaluate, and protect America's historic and archeological resources.
- Family SearchFamilySearch is one of the largest genealogy organizations in the world. Millions of people use FamilySearch records, resources, and services each year to learn more about their family history.
The Moffat Library is a FamilySearch Affiliate Library. Logging into your account from one of our public computers will grant you access to additional content.
- National Purple Heart Hall of HonorThe National Purple Heart Hall of Honor maintains an electronic database of Purple Heart recipients and recognizes military service members who have been wounded in the line of duty.
- Access GenealogySpecializing in Native American and African American genealogy, Access Genealogy also maintains hundreds of affiliations to national and local genealogical organizations.