Moffat Library Databases: Kids
Database List A-Z
Biographies for Beginners: Illustrated biographies written especially for beginning and striving readers.
Shapers of Society: 101 men and women who shaped our world. Over 1,000 illustrations.
Sports Champions: 700 inspiring stories with 1,500 illustrations of athletes from all sports.
U.S. & World Biography: 10,000 biographies of famous people from around the world. More than 2,000 illustrations.
Greek & Roman Mythology: 500 articles on Greek and Roman mythological figures with more than 300 illustrations.
Funded by the Moffat Library of Washingtonville.
CLICK TO ACCESS FROM HOME:
- Created specifically for middle-schoolers, Research in Context combines the best of Gale's reference content with age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and much more. Students will find outstanding support to complete assignments in core subjects including literature, science, social studies, and history.
Funded by the New York State Library NOVEL program.
CLICK TO ACCESS FROM HOME:
- Vidcode works with libraries to help offer research-backed computer science and coding education for tweens and teens in their community.
Enter the FIRST THREE DIGITS of your library card at the password prompt.
- ABCya is an award-winning destination for elementary students that offers hundreds of fun, engaging learning activities. The leader for educational learning tools for kids in grades K-5!
- At cookie, child experts and educators design interactive online games for kids. Our learning games for kids help in building skills needed for success in school. While playing our fun educational games, kids learn to read with phonics, build skills in math, language, social studies, science and much more. Our educational videos encourage children to keep learning, even after school hours.
- Seussville—the official home of Dr. Seuss on the Web—is the place for children of all ages to play and learn with Dr. Seuss’s wonderfully whimsical books and classic characters. The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, Oh, the Places You’ll Go! and all of the Dr. Seuss books leap to life through interactive games and activities that will enrich each child’s reading experience.
- The Starfall Website is a program service of Starfall Education Foundation, a publicly supported nonprofit organization. Starfall has been teaching children to read with phonics for well over a decade. The systematic approach, in conjunction with audiovisual interactivity, is perfect for preschool, kindergarten, first grade, second grade,
special education, home school, and English language development (ELD, ELL, ESL).
- The SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s award-winning children’s literacy website, Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Readers include Viola Davis, Kevin Costner, Annette Bening, James Earl Jones, Betty White and dozens more.