Moffat Library Databases: Home Arts
Home Arts Online Resources
- 30 Minute CraftsCraft ideas that don't take alot of time.
- Crafster.orgOnline community where people share hip, off-beat, crafty diy (do it yourself) projects.
- Crafting a Green WorldTutorials, reviews and round-ups in the world of eco-conscious crafting.
- Knitting at the Victoria & Albert Museum, LondonExplore the history of knitting. Listen to interviews with contemporary knit designers. Download free vintage knitting patterns from the 1940s.
- Center for Knit and CrochetOnline knitting museum and website celebrating traditional knitting styles and techniques.
- Vogue KnittingOnline resources, pattern help and some free or low-cost patterns
- Martha StewartProject ideas for the home, kitchen and gardens from celebrity Martha Stewart.
- EpicuriousOnline resource for recipes, cooking advice, holidays & events from Conde Nast.
- Smitten KitchenAdapted recipes and cooking advice from Deborah Perelman', "fearless cooking from a tiny kitchen in New York City."
RCLS E-Magazines & E-Books
- E-MagazinesBorrow e-magazines to view on your device. Magazines include: House Beautiful, Woman's Day, HGTV Magazine, Taste of Home, Simple & Delicious, Clean Eating, Country Living, Elle Decor and Quilters.
- E-Books -CookingUse your device to borrow cooking e-books.
- E-Books - CraftsUse your device to borrow electronic or audio books on crafts.
Books and Periodicals from the Catalog
- The handmade life : a companion to modern crafting byCall Number: 746 BARPublication Date: 2016-10-18No longer confined to the domain of the domestic, today craft is prized in almost every sphere of creative endeavor, whether architecture, food, fine art, or fashion. The Handmade Life serves as both inspiration and instruction manual.
- It's a Small World Felted Friends byCall Number: 746.046 SUSPublication Date: 2017-03-07Create over 30 cute felted friends with this easy-to-use needle felting book.
- Knitting Know-How byCall Number: 746.43 RATPublication Date: 2012-08-15Everything you need to know to knit like a pro!
- Embellish Me byISBN: 9781596688629Publication Date: 2012-12-11Learn tie-dyeing, bleaching, and shibori; block, silk-screen, and digital printing; and beading, embroidery, and applique.
- Paper Made! byCall Number: 745.54 TERISBN: 9780761159971Publication Date: 2012-05-09Turn stuff around the house--magazines and shopping bags, candy wrappers and paint sample cards, wrapping paper, old maps, and paper towel tubes--into stunning jewelry, gifts, home decor, party favors, and much more.
- The Quilter's Recipe Book byISBN: 9780764129551Publication Date: 2005-03-01The Quilter's Recipe Book offers a feast of ideas for piecing, patchwork, and appliqu©--the basic techniques required for producing beautiful quilted items. Easy-to-follow instructions show how to piece the block, and make eight-pointed stars, fans, log cabin blocks, appliqu© blocks, and blocks with curves.
- Sewing Home Décor byCall Number: 747.92 SewISBN: 9781574215045Publication Date: 2013-10-01Whether you are new to sewing or just want to freshen up your skills, Sew Me! Sewing Home Decor will show you how to personalize your home with classic accessories.
- Fresh Cooking byISBN: 9781939681157Publication Date: 2014-06-24A cookbook by local chef, Shelley Boris addresses seasonality, budget, and diverse diets and tastes. Built around meals Boris created for the Garrison Institute, a retreat center in New York's Hudson Valley, it contains thirty-six menus, with four to five delicious recipes in each, organized by month.
- Something Old, Something New byISBN: 9781476799612Publication Date: 2018-04-03The award-winning author of An Everlasting Meal revives and improves classic recipes in a gorgeously illustrated cookbook. In Something Old, Something New she presents over 100 recipes she loves best. From Steak Diane to Peach Melba, Adler enlivens culinary classics with ample use of acid and herbs, simplified techniques, and contemporary ways of serving.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension, Orange CountyProvides on going education for residents in their homes and communities. Overseen by Cornell University in NYS, offers Orange County residents programs in nutrition, health and food safety.
- Orange-Ulster Boces Adult EducationIndustry-specific as well as some personal enrichment courses that are affordable, short-term and convenient.
- SUNY Orange Continuing and Professional EducationNon credit courses offered in arts, hobbies, crafts as well as cooking.
- Cornwall Yarn ShopLocal yarn shop with supplies and classes.
- Fiber on MainFiber shop associated with the Hurleyville Makers Lab in Hurleyville. Offers classes and workshops in fiber arts.
- New York State Sheep and Wool FestivalYearly festival put on by Dutchess County Sheep and Wool Growers with fiber crafts and animal displays, workshops and more.
- Quilter's Attic Sewing CenterQuilting and sewing center in Pine Bush, NY offers a range of fabrics, notions, sewing machines as well as classes in quilting, sewing and embroidery.
- Culinary Institute of AmericaShort term courses for food and wine enthusiasts.