Neverhome by Laird Hunt: Home
Articles, Interviews, and Reviews
- She Wears the Britches: ‘Neverhome,’ by Laird HuntNew York Times Sunday Book Review
By Karen Abbott
Sept. 19, 2014
- In Hunt’s ‘Neverhome,’ natural poetry from a young wife who fights for the UnionThe Washington Post
By Ron Charles
September 23, 2014
- Laird Hunt's 'Neverhome' tears a woman and a nation in twoLos Angeles Times Book Review
By Wendy Smith
November 7, 2014
- She Scares Me a Little: An Interview with Laird HuntJanuary 20, 2015
- 5 Questions with Neverhome author Laird HuntKobo Cafe
October 07, 2014
Other Works by Laird Hunt
- Kind One byISBN: 9781566893114As a teenage girl, Ginny marries Linus Lancaster, her mother's second cousin, and moves to his Kentucky pig farm "ninety miles from nowhere." In the shadows of the lush Kentucky landscape, Ginny discovers the empty promises of Linus' "paradise"--a place where the charms of her husband fall away to reveal a troubled man and cruel slave owner.
Reserve a copy
- Neverhome byISBN: 9780316370134Publication Date: 2014-09-09She calls herself Ash, but that's not her real name. She is a farmer's faithful wife, but she has left her husband to don the uniform of a Union soldier in the Civil War.
Suggestions for further reading
- I Shall Be near to You byISBN: 9780804137720An extraordinary novel about a strong-willed woman who disguises herself as a man in order to fight beside her husband, inspired by the letters of a remarkable female soldier who fought in the Civil War.
- Revolutionary byISBN: 9781451663327When Deborah Samson disguised herself as a man and joined the Continental Army, she wasn't just fighting for America's independence-she was fighting for her own.
- Sisters of Shiloh byISBN: 9780544400009A best-selling novelist enlists her own sister to bring us the story of two Southern sisters, disguised as men, who join the Confederate Army--one seeking vengeance on the battlefield, the other finding love.
- Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy byISBN: 9780062092892In Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy, bestselling author Karen Abbott tells the spellbinding true story of four women who risked everything--their homes, their families, and their very lives--during the Civil War.
- Stealing Secrets byISBN: 9781402242748During America's most divisive war, both the Union and Confederacy took advantage of brave and courageous women willing to adventurously support their causes. These female spies of the Civil War participated in the world's second-oldest profession - spying - a profession perilous in the extreme.