Book Discussion Depot: Home
WELCOME TO THE DISCUSSION DEPOT!
Are you tired of scrambling to get multiple copies of books for your book club?
The Valley Cottage Library's Discussion Depot makes it easy to borrow multiple copies of books for your book group. Choose from a growing list of titles, submit your request through our online form, and we'll make multiple copies of the book available to your book group one month before your scheduled discussion.
To make things even easier, each title in the Discussion Depot is accompanied by a librarian-prepared discussion guide.
If you have any questions about the Discussion Depot or if you'd like to suggest a book for the Discussion Depot collection, please email Ashley Maraffino: email@example.com.
HOW IT WORKS
How to Reserve a Set of Books
- Click here for a list of book sets available through the Valley Cottage Library's Discussion Depot or click here for the list of books available through the RCLS Book Discussion Consortium.
- Submit your request here. The person submitting the request must have a Nyack or Valley Cottage library card. Please let us know how many copies you'll need and the date of your discussion. The earlier you make your reservation, the better we can accomodate your request.
How Members Will Receive Their Books
- Once you submit your request, a librarian will contact you to confirm availability. We will make books available one month prior to your discussion date, unless other arrangements have been made.
- Books will be available to pick up at the Circulation Desk. To pick up a copy, simply tell library staff the name of your book group.
- Check out the book with your RCLS library card. One group member can check out multiple copies for other group members, but the person checking out the books will be responsible for all copies, and liable for any fines, damages, or lost copies.
How to Request a Discussion Guide
- A librarian will prepare a discussion guide for any book group with at least one member with a Nyack or Valley Cottage library card.
- Submit your request here.
- Please allow us at least two weeks to prepare the guide. The earlier you make your request, the better.
- When the guide is complete, a librarian will email a public link to the person who requested the guide and will post the guide to the library's website. The link can be shared with book group members, and will be available for use by the general public as well.