Some Like It Hot: Nonfiction
A guide to steamy romance and erotica at the Valley Cottage Library.
- 28 Days to Fabulous Sex byA unique, 28 - day plan of hot sex positions and energising food that will put the excitement back into your love life. Inspirational, all - new erotic photography of workouts in the nude, including the Kama Sutra stretches that boost stamina, improve physical tone, and prepare your body for fabulous lovemaking. Erotic new positions to try with a partner that improve flexibility and deepen your enjoyment of sex. Advice on adopting the 28 - day plan to sexy week - long or romantic weekend versions.
- Respect by"A straightforward, accessible guide to help young men navigate sex, relationships, consent, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual health and more." --USA Today An all-encompassing guide to help guys navigate sex, relationships, and consent in the post-#MeToo world. The world has changed, and the revelations of the #MeToo movement have raised serious questions about how men are raised to understand consent and their own sexuality. Respect is the first guide to sexual health and relationships built around consent. Inti Chavez Perez draws on his vast experience as a sex educator to lay out how to build positive, respectful relationships with friends and partners, and how consent factors in at every stage from introducing yourself to having healthy sexual relationships with others, all with the same frankness that guys have talking about sex with their friends.
- The Joy of Sex byThe Joy of Sex revolutionized how we experience our sexuality. An international bestseller since it was first published in 1972, Dr. Alex Comfort’s classic work dared to celebrate the joy of human physical intimacy with such authority and candor that a whole generation felt empowered to enjoy sex.
- The Joy of Gay Sex byFor a new century and a new generation of readers comes a fully revised and expanded edition of a classic guide to gay sex, love, and life. Invaluable as a sex guide, a resource on building self-esteem, and a trusted aid for coming out of the closet, The Joy of Gay Sex covers the ins and outs of gay life alphabetically from "anus" to "wrestling."
- Dr Ruth's Top 10 Secrets for Great Sex bySex between two adults in a loving relationship is, according to Dr. Ruth, one of the most natural things in the world. And although you don't have to know very much if all you're trying to do is procreate, it's a whole other story if you're trying to get the most pleasure. We're all unique individuals and so the way we get the most out of sex is slightly different for each of us. In this wise book, the beloved sex therapist boils down her life teaching to ten basic secrets, including: Make Sex a Priority Know Yourself Know Your Partner Know the Kama Ruthra Kick Boredom out of the Bedroom Remember the Romance Afterplay is as Important as Foreplay Improve Communication Prepare for the Changes that Lie Ahead ...and others.
- Jealousy byMillet's bestselling "The Sexual Life of Catherine M." was a landmark book--a portrait of a sexual life lived without boundaries and without a safety net. The author's follow-up answers the first book's implicit question: How does she avoid experiencing jealousy in an open relationship?
- The Secret Life of a Submissive byWhen Max comes into Sarah's life -- charming, handsome and deliciously brooding - she can't stop herself. Before long she has surrendered to him in every way: becoming his submissive, yielding her body to his every desire, powerless to fight his sensual temptations. Daring, evocative and thrilling, but told with wit and honesty, this is the explosive true story of life as a submissive, and of a secret world in which only a few dare to play.
- Bonds of Love byIf you loved Fifty Shades of Grey, you'll lust after this explosive true story of dominance, submission and temptation. Sarah Klives in a quiet suburban town. She has a couple of kids; a steady job as a writer. But behind the bedroom door she enters a different world--a world of sexual power play and erotic control.