Some Like It Hot: Contemporary
A guide to steamy romance and erotica at the Valley Cottage Library.
- The Wicked Billionaire byThis high-concept series brings together the glamour of Park Avenue and hot Navy SEALs in dark, smoldering contemporary romances. The Tate Brothers were once orphans and they have been raised to do one thing only: protect what is theirs. As a trained sniper and Navy SEAL, Lucas Tate found the courage to distance himself from the wealthy, wicked patriarch who adopted him. Instead, he's devoted his life to the elite band of brothers from his unit. So when the widow of one of his former comrades finds herself in apparent danger, Lucas makes it his job to protect her against all enemies. . .and not let her out of his sights. Grace Riley feels overwhelmed by Lucas's presence, but the cold-eyed marksman will do anything to keep her safe.
- In Bed with the Billionaire byTheo Fitzgerald is one of the most powerful men in the world. But his plan is to tear down the criminal empire his father created from the inside out--unless someone else does it for him. He suspects a bold, seductive woman named Temple Cross might be trying to take him out with it--but for the chance to burn in the heat she gives off, he's not sure if he minds... A hired hit woman, Temple has been waiting to get close to Jericho her whole life. The man who destroyed her family is worth looking in the eye before she kills him--but when she's finally alone with Jericho, he's nothing like the ruthless barbarian she imagined. Her reaction to his touch is explosively sexual--and their emotional connection is too powerful for her to ignore. Is she his shot at redemption? Or will he have to risk losing her love to save her life? Revenge and redemption, pain and passion collide in this stunningly emotional, edgy, sexy romance from Jackie Ashenden.
- Brighter than the Sun byIn Brighter than the sun by Maya Banks, Starting a new life with a new identity, Zoe finds her resolve to never risk her heart again weakened by Joe Kelly, a KGI agent who puts his life on the line to save her when the secrets of her past resurface.
- Darkest Before Dawn byGuy Hancock, who has been both an opponent and ally to the KGI team, finds his commitment to his mission challenged by the female prisoner he has been hired to guard. She is the only woman who has managed to touch his heart.
- Cherished byLevi meets Daisy, an uninhibited 24-year-old dance instructor and artist, not exactly the kind of woman Levi is accustomed to. But the young, free spirit, brings out something in him he only experienced in fantasies. When their scorching affair turns into something unexpectedly deeper, Levi finds himself torn between preserving his reputation, and exploring a wilder and much more satisfying kind of life.
- Decadent byShe may not be what she seems... How can a virgin seeking happily-ever-after with a hot pop star who has a penchant for threesomes win her fantasy man? Kimber Edgington desperately needs a plan to convince Jesse McCall, who's been her secret crush since they spent a summer together as teenagers, that they are meant for each other. But all the tabloid stories about his sexual escapades make her feel oh so inadequate. But she's exactly what men want. Determined to prove she's woman enough for Jesse, Kimber turns to bodyguard Deke Trenton for sexual education. Bold and brash, Deke warns Kimber that playing with him is playing with fire. But he can't bear to imagine the innocent beauty in someone else's arms. So Deke and his super-sexy cousin, Luc, take Kimber under their wings and dangerously close to the edge of ecstasy. Though she's saved herself for Jesse, Kimber soon learns he's not the man adept at stoking her aching, endless need. That's Deke, and he can't resist when Kimber begs for more--and more...
- Half Empty byTrina Petrov's marriage-by-contract was only meant to be temporary. But when tragedy strikes, Trina is left one of the wealthiest women in the world. To recover from the shock, she takes some time off in Italy, swearing not to fall for any men while there. But that doesn't mean she can't fall for anyone on the trip home . . .
- The List byMatchmaker and stationery shop owner Matilda Davies brings people together. For those on her list, she will find the man or woman of their dreams-whether it's for an hour or a lifetime. But due to a painful past, the British expat has never put her own name on the list. Instead, she limits herself to emotionless and commitment-free hookups. Then she meets Daniel, who wants not just her body, but also her heart. Dan hides the soul of a poet under the suit and tie of an FBI agent. He's always played by the rules, until he meets Matilda...
- Faking It byMackenzie "Max" Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they're expecting to meet a nice wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade. Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he's kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they're forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel. The hot new, New Adult title from New York Times bestselling author of Losing It, Cora Carmack.
- A Man's Promise byA man's word is his bond. His family is his strength. His heart is his own. Superstar musician Caden Granger has spent years running from love, commitment and family. Yet despite his fame and fortune, he knows the kind of respect and adoration he needs can only come from one person--the very woman who wants nothing to do with him. Charity volunteer and owner of a wine boutique, Shiloh Timmons finally got her life on track once her relationship with Caden ended, and she's in no hurry to revisit a romance with the man who believes she left him standing at the altar. If Caden can't have Shiloh by his side, all the success in the world will mean nothing. Now he has a chance to renew his promises...but is it too late?
- A Brother's Honor byThe Granger brothers left behind their family's Virginia estate--and the bad memories it holds--years ago. But their dying grandfather's request brings them home:to a failing business, a legacy of secrets and a deathbed promise to make things right. As the eldest brother, attorney Jace Granger is determined to take responsibility for Granger Aeronautics, his family's failing business. But the years of mismanagement seem impossible to untangle. As CEO, he hires a consultant to turn the company around. Smart, sexy Shana Bradford is the right person for the job--and the right woman to turn Jace's world upside down. But the passion between them is jeopardized when old secrets begin to emerge. A woman from Jace's past suddenly reappears. And an explosive discovery changes everything Jace thinks he knows about his mother--and his father, who was convicted of her murder. Jace Granger tried to leave his family history behind once before. But this time he needs to face the past...or risk losing his future. Three brothers. One legacy. A lifetime of secrets.
- Her Little Black Book byIt's less than a week before Sonya Morrison's wedding when she decides to pass her legendary little black book on to her cousin Courtney Andrews along with all of her best wishes. Courtney, who's fast approaching thirty, thinks every woman she knows has somehow met a man who is husband material except for her. So Sonya's little black book seems to be just what she needs. That's until Courtney discovers she and her cousin have completely different tastes when it comes to men. But just when she is about to give up and toss the infamous little black book into the garbage, she meets Lake Masters. Nearly ten years her senior, he's a lot older than the men she's normally attracted to, but he's handsome, intelligent, wealthy, and a man who is determined to sweep her off her feet. But the road to love is never easy and Courtney may find that her little black book is more a curse than a blessing.
- Cowgirls Don't Cry byContains branding-iron-hot sex, the one McKay on earth who wants to be tamed, and a woman who’s decided tame is for nice girls who finish last.
- Wrangled and Tangled byJanie Fitzhugh and Abe Lawson have long been divorced and living apart. Now she's back in town, a changed woman-making cattleman Abe want to wrangle an invitation to her bed...
- Guilty Pleasure byThe beautiful, fierce Marty Mathews is the one woman Khalid hungers for like no other and is the one woman he dare not let himself have. His past dogs his every step and danger lurks around every corner. If he wants to keep her safe, he must stay away from her. But the power of their desire is something they cannot deny, and once Marty is his, Khalid will do whatever it takes to keep her in his bed and in his arms.
- Nauti Intentions bySince he saw Janey Mackay taking a dip in her bikini, Major Alex Jansen has had to quell the fire she ignites in him. Even touching her would mean death at the hands of the Mackay men. Until now, the girl of his dreams-and fantasies-has lived in a vacuum of affection, shying away from the danger she thinks men represent. Alex sets out to prove her wrong, with his torturously slow caresses.
- Nauti Nights byLeigh delivers an hot tale of a Kentucky marine who'll anything to get the woman he wants. Luckily for him, she wants it bad. James "Dawg" Mackay has lusted after sweet Crista for years. Just as many as she's spent running from him-and from a dangerous attraction. But for Crista, running isn't an option anymore because Dawg's got a plan to get her and keep her. It's kind of low-down, but completely hot.
- The Ones Who Got Away byIt's been twelve years since tragedy struck the senior class of Long Acre High School. Only a few students survived that fateful night--a group the media dubbed The Ones Who Got Away. Liv Arias thought she'd never return to Long Acre--until a documentary brings her and the other survivors back home. Suddenly her old flame, Finn Dorsey, is closer than ever, and their attraction is still white-hot. When a searing kiss reignites their passion, Liv realizes this rough-around-the-edges cop might be exactly what she needs...
- The One You Fight For byFor readers who are all about love: a heart-wrenching romance of loss, lies, redemption, and searching for a happily after all. Shaw Miller has spent more than a decade dealing with the fallout of his brother's horrific actions. He's changed his name, his look, and he's finally starting a new life where he'll live by only one rule: never look back. Taryn Landry was there that awful night fourteen years ago when Long Acre changed from the name of a town to the title of a national tragedy. Everyone knows she lost her younger sister. No one knows it was her fault. Shaw and Taryn weren't meant to meet each other and now they're left grappling with undeniable feelings.
- Fatal Strike byWhen Lara Kirk was abducted months ago, Miles Davenport vowed he'd bring her home. But the mission failed. Miles has become totally obsessed; he can practically hear Lara pleading for him to save her. Finding her after all this time will be next to impossible... but either way, it's going to be a hell of a ride...
- In Her Sights byJasmine "Jazz" Parker, Jefferson County SWAT's only female sniper, can thread the eye of a needle with a bullet. But she carries with her a secret from her past that she thought she buried for good at the age of fifteen. Two years ago she even drove away the one man she believed she could love -- ex-Army Ranger turned reporter Luke Montgomery -- to keep her past hidden. But now, in a fleeting second, the time it takes for one clean shot, one perfect hit, to save the life of the governor's daughter, Jazz's world begins to crumble around her.
- Obsession byAfter Sophie Gibson's husband confesses to an affair, she hooks up with Thomas, who pushes the limits of Sophie's lustful need. However, when Sophie tries to end the affair, Thomas will do anything to keep her.