It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Knitting for Community Service: Local Stores for Knitting Materials
YA students can earn 10 community service hours by knitting a scarf or hat.
Local Stores for Knitting Materials
Where can I buy the materials needed?
- Remember an older relative or friend may have knitting needles that they are willing to lend you. They may be a great resource for you. If available, the library has knitting supplies (not yarn) to borrow. Click here to see what is available.
- For the novice knitter, purchase non-textured yarns because they are easier to work with. New knitters find bamboo needles tend to prevent stitches from accidentally sliding off.
- Acrylic yarns tend to be more affordable and easier to care for.
- Print out the material/instruction list and bring it to the store with you.
- Here are three local stores that you will be able to find the materials you need for these projects:
A C Moore in Nanuet
Michaels in Spring Valley
Knitting Nation in Nyack.