Digital Content with your Library Card: Mango Languages
What is Mango?
Mango is a language learning service provided by the Tappan Library to our card holders. You can learn using your computer of mobile device.
How do I sign up?
Go to https://connect.mangolanguages.com/tappanlibrary/ to create your account. Click on the "Sign Up" button and enter your email address, library card number, pin, and a password you will remember. See the guides below for a Step-by-Step walkthrough on signing up.
What languages does it offer?
Mango offers over 70 languages and dialects, including, but not limited to: Spanish, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, and more!
How does it work?
Mango offers a blend of the right content at the right time, with intelligent algorithms, high-quality audio, and powered by proven methodologies, Mango adapts to your unique learning style, so you pick up on new vocabulary, intuit unfamiliar grammatical structure, and train your pronunciation. Lessons involve a mix of listening and reading activities, so you can make sense of written and spoken contexts. A simplified learning environment presents content structure, review progress, and learning activities front and center, while streamlined navigation encourages you to explore different topics in your target language.
Is it interactive or just listening?
Both! You can do lessons in an interactive environment, or choose the autoplay feature from the app!
Can I use it offline?
Yes! Lessons can be downloaded and done when you don't have access to the internet.
How do I learn on my tablet or smartphone?
You'll need to install the app for your device. You will find the Mango app in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Click the icons below to be redirected.
I already signed up for an account and didn't connect my Library card! How can I access all the features?
While in the Mango app on your phone, click the menu button (the three virtual lines on the top right hand corner of your screen), tap the 'Subscribe for More' button. On the next screen, tap Search in the Find Mango box, then tap the Search bar at the top of the screen. Search for and tap on Tappan Library, enter your card number, and tap the 'go'/'done' button on your keyboard, then tap the 'Continue' button on the next screen - and you're ready to go! Click here for a more in-depth guide.
Creating a Profile - Browser
1. Go to https://connect.mangolanguages.com/tappanlibrary/ and click the Sign Up button
2. Enter your email address, Library Card number and Pin, and a password you'll remember
3. Read the Data Consent Form and click 'I Agree'
4. Select the language you want to learn
5. Start learning! If you have some experience with the language, you can take a placement test - found on the left side
6. Don't forget to confirm your email address!
7. Sign in on your Tablet or Smartphone to continue learning on the go! See the other guide on this page for how to sign in on the app.
Signing in on the Mobile App
1. If you've not done so already, sign up for a profile using a web browser by going to https://connect.mangolanguages.com/tappanlibrary/. See the other guide on this page for more detailed instructions
3. Open the app
4. Tap the 'Log In' button
5. Sign In using your email and password
6. Start learning!
You should see the language you initially selected, but you can switch or add another one by tapping the 'Languages' button on the top left of your screen and then the + (plus) button on the top left.