RCLS: Professional Development Opportunities: Home
This guide provides webinar opportunities for you to receive Continuing Education credit contingent upon your supervisor's approval. If you have anything to add to the guide, please do not hesitate to contact the guide's administrator. For questions regarding NY State Public Librarian Certification & CE, please visit our LibGuide here. To view upcoming continuing education opportunities, visit the RCLS Programs and Events calendar. Happy learning!
RCLS on YouTube
Professional development opportunities produced by RCLS may be accessed via the RCLS YouTube Channel.
Some presenters agreed to have their webinars recorded, but not made public on YouTube. Those webinars are only accessible through a direct link sent by an RCLS consultant, or through this LibGuide.
Do Archived Webinars Count?
Do archived webinars count towards CE credit?
If I don't get a certificate, how do I prove I did the webinar?
A few details on webinars:
Live webinars count if
- they cover an appropriate topic (see NYS Public Librarian Certification website for a sample of eligible topics) and
- you retain your registration confirmation information and a description of the class for your records.
Archived webinars count if
- they cover an appropriate topic and
- you have, at a minimum, a copy of written documentation from a supervisor confirming that you participated.
When live webinar completion cannot be confirmed with a registration e-mail supervisory verification may be requested. In all cases a continuing education certificate is preferred if available. In all cases the New York State Education Department reserves the right to accept/deny credits.
From New York State Public Librarian Certification; Frequently Asked Questions: Professional Development Requirements for Public Librarians in New York State: http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/cert/faq.htm
- Sample Webinar LetterThis is a basic template of what should be included in a webinar letter of completion. An employees supervisor can provide a letter.