Home Improvement Guide: Home
Are you a handyman/woman planning to tackle a home improvement project? From minor fixes to remodeling, these reads are essential for every toolbox
Gale Home Improvement Collection through Ulster County InfoPortal
- Home Improvement CollectionSearch thousands of full text articles on home improvement and renovation projects. Made possible through Ulster County Infoportal.
- New Complete Do-It-Yourself Manual byCall Number: 684 NewISBN: 9780895773784Publication Date: 1991-09-01The most complete and authoritative home repair manual ever published, this book is the yardstick by which all other books on do-it-yourself are measured. The definitive guide to home repair, maintenance, and improvement. Over 4,000 illustrations.
- Ortho's Home Improvement Encyclopedia byCall Number: 684 OrtISBN: 9780897214513Publication Date: 2000-05-01The ultimate homeowner problem-solving book -- full of useful facts, creative ideas, and practical solutions to help readers understand, maintain, and improve their homes. Includes over 800 colour illustrations with expert step- by-step instructions. Easy, alphabetical organisation of topics. Simple explanations and expert recommendations help readers understand the potential cost and complexity of almost any project.
- Yes, You Can! byCall Number: 684 PasISBN: 9780696222887Publication Date: 2005-03-01America's favourite carpenter from 'Trading Spaces' uses her years of experience to write the most thorough guide to everyday home repairs. Demystifies repair techniques by providing information other books leave out. Shows how to install a dimmer switch, fix leaky taps, clean gutters, replace doorknobs, repair broken windows and more. Pastor's expert advice can save on costly repair and maintenance bills. A great value and handy resource for any home bookshelf. Gives novice DIYers confidence to fix practically anything around the house. 20 helpful tips and 15 informative charts.
- Time-Life Books Complete Home Improvement and Renovation Manual byCall Number: 684 TimISBN: 9780139218835Publication Date: 1991-05-01Following the success of the first two Time-Life home repair books which focused exclusively on quick fix-it jobs, here is a practical guide to more extensive home repair, renovation, and enhancement. With special sections on safety, the proper use of tools, and hiring contractors, this book is an absolute must for the do-it-yourselfer who wants to do it right. Index. Two-color illustrations throughout.
- Home Improvement byCall Number: 690.8 BlaISBN: 9780865735804Publication Date: 2001-07-01FromBlack & Decker, take a step-by-step photo guide directions for more than 250 of the most popular, money saving improvement projects. With over 1700 photos, you will be sure to see a wide range of projects, from simple window and door replacement, to extensive demolition and renovation projects.
- The Visual Handbook of Building and Remodeling byCall Number: 690.8 WinISBN: 9780878579013Publication Date: 1991-05-01"This book is packed with hard-to-find information on home & home improvement."-Gene Austin, Chicago Tribune "...a copiously illustrated guide describing materials used in both house construction & remodeling with specific advice on making the right choices."-John Warde, The New York Times
- Climatic design : energy-efficient building principles and practices byCall Number: 697.9 WatISBN: 9780070684782Publication Date: 1983-03-01
This reference guide is here to help with all your home improvement needs! Browse by general reference, subject and genre using the tabs at the top of the page. Childrens books and movies about construction and building are located under "Little Helpers". Our hardware directory includes an interactive map showing local hardware stores and suppliers that can help you with your next project!