Test Preparation: Home
Your one stop shopping for the PSAT, SAT, ACT, APs and assistance with writing your college entrance essays.
Test Prep Books at the Tappan Library
College Essay Books at the Tappan Library
- Admission PossibleThis book has a chapter dedicated to the college application essay.
The Tappan Library is now offering Tutor.com for its patrons. This Learning Suite includes the SAT/ACT Essentials, powered by The Princeton Review. You need a valid Tappan Library card number to access the site and will have to set up a login. Click here to start using Tutor.com.
Helpful Test Prep Websites
- AP Test PracticeYou'll find practice questions from all 34 AP tests on this website,
- Education Portal Free Online CoursesClick on the High School Courses tab and then choose the subject you'd like to learn about.
- PSAT/NMSQT PreparationTips and practice questions from the College Board are available on this website.
- SAT PracticeYou'll find sample questions, an SAT question of the day and a full length free test on the College Board's website.
- TASC Sample Questions and AnswersClick here to view sample questions and answers found on the TASC.
Helpful College Essay Websites
- College Essay TipsThe College Board's website has articles and videos to assist you in writing your essays. Additionally, there are sample essays along with critiques of the essays.
- Writing an A+ Admissions EssayClick here to find some tips on how to write your essay. You'll also find other helpful links at the bottom of this page for your essay.