Technology Training Resources: Home
Guide to continuing education resources for patrons who are interested in technology training.
- Coursera via NYS Dept of LaborAccess to nearly 4,000 online programs taught by leading professors and industry professionals on Coursera, with a focus on high-growth and in-demand sectors like advanced manufacturing, technology, and health care, among others. [When you use the free version of Coursera, there are classes that give a free 7 day trial but charge for continued access for periods longer than that. The NYS version allows access to these paid classes.]
- Digital LearnBasic computer training provided by the Public Library Association.
- Facebook Privacy SettingsFrom the Maryland Office of Consumer Protection
- Goodwill Community Foundation Learn FreeGuides to a variety technology topics ranging from computer basics to social media.
- Khan AcademyKhan Academy is a non-profit educational organization created in 2006 by educator Salman Khan with a goal of creating an accessible place for people to be educated. The organization produces short lectures in the form of YouTube videos.
- Libby Install HelpInstructions on how to install the Libby app.
- Meals on Wheels - Adult Learning CenterRockland County's Meals on Wheels offers additional computer courses.
- Mouse ExercisesPractice your dexterity with the mouse with mouse exercises.
- Niche Academy - Valley Cottage LibraryLearn to use our databases, various social media sites, and basic Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint).
- Stay Safe OnlineNational Cyber Security Alliance's tips for staying safe online.
- TechboomersLearn how to use popular websites like Facebook, Netflix, and Amazon.
- Typing ClubTouch typing tutorial