Recommended Reads: Books on Toilet Training
Book lists on frequently searched topics
- Waking up Dry byCall Number: Parenting 618.928 BennettThis comprehensive and authoritative self-help guide on bedwetting is written for parents, caregivers, and children (ages 6-13). Parents and children can address the challenge of bedwetting together. Includes instruction on behavior management techniques, calendars, contracts, and bedwetting alarms as well as practical tips and easy-to-follow activities.
- Potty Training Boys the Easy Way byCall Number: Parenting 649.62 FertlemanA pediatrician's guide for navigating the challenges unique to toilet training boys. Boys tend to take longer to be trained, learn this skill at later ages, and have different challenges from girls. Parents will find an accessible plan for getting their son trained quickly, clever games to make learning to use the toilet fun, as well as important tips for handling accidents and setbacks.
- Diaper-Free Before 3 byCall Number: Parenting 649.62 LekovicDr. Jill Lekovic presents the new case that early training--beginning as early as nine months olds--is natural, healthy, and beneficial for your child. By incorporating the potty into your child's routine early on, toilet training becomes far less stressful for both parent and child.
- Keys to Toilet Training byCall Number: Parenting 649.62 ZweibeckA pediatric nurse practitioner offers advice to parents about toilet training, beginning with helping a child through early steps and continuing on to independence. Common setbacks and approaches to overcoming difficulties are discussed. Emphasis is placed on child development and communicating with caregivers, teachers, and grandparents.
- I Go Potty! byCall Number: BB BolamA series that continues to celebrate a toddler's world of firsts with board books that reflect two important areas: readiness concepts and body awareness, plus a parent note at the end with suggested activities.
- Duck Goes Potty byCall Number: BB DahlLittle Duck learns how to go potty all by himself.
- Lily's Potty byCall Number: BB LilyIn each story, Lily and Pete search around the house to find their potty at potty-time.
- Doing Business byCall Number: JP HarrisSomeone has done business where they're not supposed to, but who was it? Suspense builds as suspects are eliminated: We know it wasn't the baby, or Daddy, or the lion at the zoo. There's a place for everything in this funny and accessible book about the right place for bathroom business.
- Goldilocks and the Just Right Potty byCall Number: JP HodgkinsonLittle Goldilocks wants to wear underwear--big-girl underwear that's not too silly and not too frilly, but just right. But that means she also needs to find the "just right" potty. Will she know when she needs to go? And will she get to the potty in time?
- Danny Is Done with Diapers byCall Number: JP O'ConnellAdam avoids accidents. Brianna is busy in the bathroom. Caleb is comfy and clean! Danny and his friends know twenty-six ways to be done with diapers. Rebecca O'Connell's fun, familiar examples and Amanda Gulliver's bright, cheery art help kids practice their potty knowledge and learn their letters, too!
- Pip and Posy: The Little Puddle byCall Number: JP SchefflerPip goes to Posy's house to play and they have a lovely time. But Pip has so much fun that he forgets that he needs to use the bathroom.
- How to Pee: Potty Training for Boys byCall Number: JP SpectorFamily physician Dr. Todd Spector presents a fresh and outrageously fun way to encourage little boys to give up their diapers. They can try it freestyle (in the backyard!), or give the potty a try with the help of a few props and plenty of imagination. Inspired by Dr. Spector's own experiences potty training his son, this combination of laugh-out-loud scenarios and useful advice turns the dreaded potty-training process into an exciting adventure for all.
- Fiona's Little Accident byCall Number: JP WellsFiona has no time today, not even to go to the bathroom. She is in a big hurry to show off the volcano she and Felix made for show-and-tell. Just as the volcano erupts...oops!
- Time to Pee! byCall Number: JP WillemsToilet training has never been such an adventure as when it is introduced by popular cartoonist Mo Willems. With his signature humor, the author gently leads children through each step in the process that will finally bring them to their emancipation from diapers. Featuring a crew of funny mice holding up signs with the text, children will be amused and inspired by this hilarious picture book.