Guy Books: Realistic Fiction
- The Strange Case of Origami Yoda byISBN: 0810984253Sixth-grader Tommy and his friends describe their interactions with a paper finger puppet of Yoda, worn by their weird classmate Dwight, as they try to figure out whether or not the puppet can really predict the future. Includes instructions for making Origami Yoda.
- NERDS byISBN: 0810989859While running a spy network from their elementary school, five unpopular misfits combine their talents and use cutting-edge gadgetry to fight evil around the world.
- Code Talker byISBN: 0142405965After being taught in a boarding school run by whites that Navajo is a useless language, Ned Begay and other Navajo men are recruited by the Marines to become Code Talkers, sending messages during World War II in their native tongue.
- The Adventures of Beanboy byISBN: 9780547550787Tucker MacBean has been drawing comic books almost as long as he has been reading them. When his favorite comic has a contest for kids, he hopes he has finally found a way to fix his family-all he has to do is create the winning superhero.
- Middle School byISBN: 0316101877When Rafe Kane enters middle school, he teams up with his best friend, "Leo the Silent," to create a game to make school more fun by trying to break every rule in the school's code of conduct.
- Wonderstruck byISBN: 0545027896Having lost his mother and his hearing in a short time, twelve-year-old Ben leaves his Minnesota home in 1977 to seek the father he never knew in New York City, and meets there Rose, who is also longing for something missing from her life. Ben's story is told in words; Rose's in pictures.
- Funny Business byISBN: 0061963739From some of the biggest names in children's books, including Mac Barnett, Adam Rex, and David Yoo, comes a sidesplitting collection of short stories--the first in a new series of books from Scieszka's Guys Read library.
- The Schwa Was Here byISBN: 0142405779A Brooklyn eighth-grader nicknamed Antsy befriends the Schwa, an "invisible-ish" boy who is tired of blending into his surroundings and going unnoticed by nearly everyone.