2023 Annual Report Guide: Home
RCLS 2023 Annual Report Team
Information and Instructions for Annual Report
The Annual Report is a yearly report that public libraries in New York State are required to complete. It is split up into 14 parts for you to complete. As you move through the annual report, please click on the appropriate tab at the top of this guide for resources which may often include actual answers to some of your questions.
Bibliostat CollectConnect is the portal where you enter your annual report information. The Division of Library Development (DLD) is estimated to unlock the software during the last week of January 2024.
Annual Report information is due in Bibliostat CollectConnect on February 29, 2024. (An extra day in this leap year!) It is important that you review and check the information, comparing to last year's report if needed. We will review and contact you with any questions before submitting your report to the state, which is due March 15, 2024.
- EDIT CHECKS: Please provide notes for any figures that have a large increase or decrease from last year, anything with a 30% increase or decrease, and make sure that all of your notes include enough detail for clarity. If the note is for an edit check, make sure that the note answers the question being asked by the edit check.
- OUTLINE OF MAJOR CHANGES. DLD has released their Outline of Major Changes for 2023. The document is posted on our Let's Get Started tab of this guide.
- ANNUAL REPORT INSTRUCTIONS: DLD provides its own detailed instructions for the annual report. Should you have a question not answered in the RCLS Annual Report LibGuide, a link to DLD's instructions can be found on our Let's Get Started tab.
- BOARD APPROVAL/ASSURANCE - Plan ahead to have your report done and reviewed by your library board, typically at your February meeting. Your board's date of approval will be noted in question 12.42. It is acceptable that your board officially approves your report after it's been submitted to RCLS. Please contact us if you have any changes.
Preparation for 2023 State Annual Reports
You can prepare now!
- Print out a copy of last year's report: Log in to your 2022 Survey and click on the Printer icon at top of survey. We recommend that you Print Entire Survey With Current and Last Year's Data. (When you log in, the 2023 survey will be available by default. Be sure to choose 2022 in order to print last year's report.)
- Print a copy of 2023 Survey Fill-In Worksheet and use to get started with this year's data. (This can also be found by clicking into the Instructions at the top of the page when logged into your 2023 survey.
- Your library's Electronic Resources Collection and Circulation Statistics reports have been provided as a combined PDF for you in the Sections 2 & 4 tab of this LibGuide.
- Summer Reading statistics for each library have been provided on the Section 3 tab of this LibGuide.
- Gather your Board of Trustees term and contact information for Part 10. Remember, this information is for library trustees who are currently serving as of February 1st, 2024.
- Gather financial data for Parts 11-14 especially if you rely on others for this information.