2022 Annual Report Guide: Home
Your RCLS 2022 Annual Report Team
Information and Instructions for Annual Report
The Annual Report is a yearly report that public libraries in New York State are required to complete. It is split up into 14 parts for you to complete. As you move through the annual report, please click on the appropriate tab at the top of this guide for resources which may often include actual answers to some of your questions.
Bibliostat CollectConnect is the 'portal' where you enter your annual report information. The Division of Library Development (DLD) is estimated to unlock the software during the last week of January 2023.
Annual Report information is due in Bibliostat CollectConnect on February 28, 2023. It is important that you review and check the information, comparing to last year's report if needed. We will review and contact you with any questions before submitting your report to the state, which is Due March 15, 2023.
- EDIT CHECKS: Please provide notes for any figures that have a large increase or decrease from last year, anything with a 30% increase or decrease, and make sure that all of your notes include enough detail for clarity. If the note is for an edit check, make sure that the note answers the question being asked by the edit check.
- OUTLINE OF MAJOR CHANGES. DLD has released their Outline of Major Changes for 2022. The document is posted on our Let's Get Started tab of this guide.
- ANNUAL REPORT INSTRUCTIONS: DLD provides its own detailed instructions for the annual report. Should you have a question not answered in the RCLS Annual Report LibGuide, a link to DLD's instructions can be found on our Let's Get Started tab.
- BOARD APPROVAL/ASSURANCE - Plan ahead to have your report done and reviewed by your library board, typically at your February meeting. Your board's date of approval will be noted in question 12.42. It is acceptable that your board officially approves your report after it's been submitted to RCLS. Please contact us if you have any changes.
2021 State Annual Report Workshop
This recording of the 2021 Workshop can be viewed for general help with your 2022 State Annual Report. Major Changes for 2022's report can be found on the Let's Get Started tab of this guide.
2021 Annual Report Workshop Meeting - for directors & library personnel who work on Annual Reports
Preparation for 2022 State Annual Reports
You can prepare now!
- Print out a copy of last year's report: Log in to your 2021 Survey and click on the Printer icon at top of survey. We recommend that you Print Entire Survey With Current and Last Year's Data. (When you log in, the 2022 survey will be available by default. Be sure to choose 2021 in order to print last year's report.)
- Print a copy of 2022 Survey Fill-In Worksheet and use to get started with this year's data.
- Your library's Electronic Resources Collection and Circulation Statistics reports have been provided as a combined PDF for you in the Sections 2 & 4 tab of this LibGuide.
- Summer Reading statistics for each library have been provided on the Section 3 tab of this LibGuide.
- Gather your Board of Trustees term and contact information for Part 10. Remember, this information is for library trustees who are currently serving as of February 1st, 2023.
- Gather financial data for Parts 11-14 especially if you rely on others for this information.