Magazines, Homework Help, Databases at Chester: Legal Help
Websites and Databases
- Site is maintained by the NY state court's Access to Justice Program and contains Do-It-Yourself form packets for some family, guardianship, housing and other civil matters. It also has some law guides and information about courts and alternative solutions to legal problems.
- LawHelpNY is an online tool for helping low-income New Yorkers solve their legal problems. Our mission is to: Provide and promote access to, high-quality online information about free legal services throughout New York, about legal rights in a broad range of substantive areas, about the court system, and about related advocacy, government and social service organizations. We are committed to providing information that is user-friendly, in English, Spanish, and other languages, in order to help low-income and other vulnerable New Yorkers achieve equal access to justice.
- Current laws of New York State listed by Code Section with keyword search access.
- Our Brainfuse VetNow navigators help veterans and their families understand and apply for the benefits they are eligible for from local, state, or federal programs. From housing and health care to education, mental health, and more, Brainfuse VetNow navigators are ready to help.
Funded by the Ramapo Catskill Library System.
CLICK TO ACCESS FROM HOME:
- Legal Services of the Hudson ValleyPoor and low-income Hudson Valley residents who need representation for non-criminal legal matters.
Local Law Library
- Orange Supreme Court Law LibraryMonday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and
2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
excluding NY state holidays
For assistance with your legal research during closings, please call at 914-824-5660 or
click Ask a Librarian now to e-mail your question.
Patrons are encouraged to call to confirm that the library is open.