Newburgh Area Community Information: Community Service Organizations
Find local government, school, and recreation information for Newburgh, New Windsor, Orange County, and New York City.
- 2019 Resource Guide (from RECAP)includes: Benefit/Assistance Programs (Fed/State/County), Computer Access, Dental Health, Department of Corrections & Community Service, Domestic Violence, Education, Employment/Job Readiness, Family Supportive Services, Financial Aid/Voucher, Food Pantry/Soup Kitchen/Nutrition Program, General Assistance, Helplines/Hotlines, Housing, Immigration, Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities, Latino Services, Legal Services, LGBTQ Services, Literacy, Medical Health, Mental Health, Notary Services, Parenting, Personal Care, Reentry/Transitional Services, Sexual Health, Spiritual Connections, Substance Abuse, Transportation, Veteran Services, Street Map: City of Newburgh, Street Map: City of Middletown
Children and Teens
- Orange County Youth BureauChildren, Youth & Families Service Directory 2019-2020
- Baby Steps Baby Pantry"We provided diapers and related health care products to families"
- Maternal-Infant Services Network of Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Countiesserves all members of the community with information, education, support and referrals to achieve better health at every stage of life
- Newburgh Performing Arts AcademyProvides youth ages 3-18 with high quality, pre-professional instruction in the creative arts such as dance, music, theatre, and visual arts
- Youth Advocate Programs, Inc.Services to youth and families involved in numerous systems, including the Child Welfare, Juvenile Justice, Behavioral Health, Developmental Disabilities, Education and Adult Systems
- Access: Supports for LivingProvides services to people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Behavioral Health needs, and Children and Families with a range of needs
- Cornerstone Family Health Care"primary and preventative medical services to any who need our service regardless of ability to pay"
- Hudson Housea rehabilitative psychosocial club which offers socialization, recreation, education, vocation, and life skills services to adults 18+ who have a psychiatric disability
- Hudson Valley Community Services (HVCS)Services and support for people with chronic conditions or those at high risk for conditions such as HIV, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) or hepatitis C
- Newburgh Armory Unity CenterEducational, athletic and civic events and activities
- Newburgh MinistryEmergency housing, warming station, thrift store, hygiene closet, children's programs, social worker, etc.
- Regional Economic Community Action Program (RECAP)Provides housing, Head Start, Energy Services, Workforce Development and Training, Residential and Non-Residential Addiction Support Services, Fresh Start Cafe and Parole Re-Entry
- Safe Harbors of the HudsonRedevelopment project in the City of Newburgh that combines housing and the arts
- Social Services of Orange CountyNewburgh Office:
- YWCA (Facebook)Programs addressing women's economic empowerment, racial justice, women’s health and community advocacy
Drug/Alcohol Rehab and Halfway Houses
- Hope Not HandcuffsAn initiative aimed at bringing law enforcement and community organizations together in an effort to find viable treatment options for individuals seeking help to reduce dependency with any substance
- Renwick Recovery"Safe, stable and supportive living facility for post addiction treatment for men and women seeking continued alcohol and drug abuse recovery"
- ExodusServices for the formerly incarcerated addressing literacy and educational deficits, hard and soft skills training, vocational and job readiness, lack of adequate child care, and financial fluency
- The Osborne AssociationWorks for systemic reforms while providing opportunities for people to reunite with their families, continue their education, connect to meaningful employment, and rebuild their lives after incarceration
- Newburgh Urban Farm and Food InitiativeDevelopment of gardens throughout Newburgh; provides a vehicle for the donation of excess produce to Newburgh feeding programs
Housing and Property
- The CornerstoneSafe, affordable,permanent supportive housing which includes 128 single room occupancy apartments including 12 artist lofts. Houses a adults including those living with mental health diagnoses and physical disabilities, veterans, the formerly homeless, artists and low income working adults
- RUPCO Newburgh Progress (construction to begin in 2020)Historic preservation and adaptive re-use of existing building and new construction of multi-familly homes, revitalization of historic district with a community wealth-building model involving daycare, job training and community center