Book Club Resources at the Newburgh Free Library: Home
Welcome to Books to Go Connection
Welcome to the Books to Go Connection
@ Newburgh Free Library!
Unfortunately, Books to Go will not be available as a library service until after pandemic is officially over. Would your book club like some help tracking down multiple copies of a book for your next meeting? Let the Newburgh Free Library give you a hand. With our Books to Go Connection, you can now conveniently borrow multiple copies of titles that are popular with reading groups.
Books to Go Connection Policies
Books must be requested by a member with a valid Newburgh Free Library card, in good standing.
- Additional books may be checked out by book club members with valid Ramapo Catskill Library system cards, in good standing.
Checkout period for the books runs until 2 days after the scheduled book discussion with no extensions and no renewals.
Books may be returned to any RCLS library.
Overdue charges are set by the loaning libraries with a maximum of $10.00.
Lost and damaged books will be charged to the borrower at cost.
No replacement copies accepted.
Borrowers are responsible for careful use and cleanliness of all items.
How to join the Books to Go Connection
Contact the Collection Development department at the Newburgh Free Library to join: (845) 563-3646 Deb Hurd. The following questions will be asked:
Your name, phone number and email address and name of book club.
When does your club meet?/When is your next meeting?
How many copies will you need each month?
Do you need large print or audiobooks; how many?
Title of the first book the Library will help you borrow. Please keep a list of second and third choices in case your first choice is "unavailable."
How to reserve books
At least 6 weeks before the book discussion date, the Newburgh club member should call Deb Hurd with your book choice. (Please keep a list of second and third choices in case your first choice is "unavailable'.) It takes up to 2 weeks to bring in books from other libraries.
- Book pickup is generally 4 weeks before the book discussion. Pick up is at the main branch, at 124 Grand Street, although pick up at our Town Branch can be arranged.
- Due dates for the the copies are generally 2 work days after the date of your discussion. Later due dates may be possible if arranged in advance. Once the plans have been settled and your selected books have been requested by library staff, advise your members to pick up their copy four weeks before your next meeting at the Main Library.
How your book club members get copies of the book
Once the library verifies it has successfully requested the book for your next book discussion , contact your members to tell
- Each book club member who has a valid Ramapo Catskill Library system card ( in good standing) may take out a copy of the requested book at the Newburgh Free Library circulation desk.
- Please ask for the book by title and tell the staff you are part of the "XYZ" book club. the circulation staff member will retrieve a copy of the book and check it out to you.
- You will receive a paper due date receipt at the time of check out.
One Thing About New Books
Everyone wants to read the newest "hot" book. Recently released books that are getting a lot of notice often prove unavailable in mass quantity. On occasion this library will order multiple copies of a "hot" title for use in one of our library sponsored discussions. Once those discussions are over, we will offer those books to other book clubs (like you!) As long as we good contact information, we will let you know when these books are available. Otherwise, think about choosing books that are at least 6 months old.
How to Reserve a Kit
How to reserve books
- The book club leader should not assume that a title is available until they hear back from someone in our department.
Then please contact your club members who have valid RCLS Library cards and advise them to pick up their copy of the book.
How members get copies of the book
Each book club member who has a valid RCLS card may take out a copy of the requested book at the circulation desk. Please ask for the book by title and tell the staff you are part of the "x" book club. The circulation staff member will retrieve a copy of the book and check it out to you. You will receive a paper due date receipt at the time of check out.