Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Content warning: newspaper articles are presented for historical context and may contain racist or offensive language and ideas.
Questions to consider as you read these articles:
- Who is the author?
- What information is the author sharing?
- How would you describe the tone of the article?
- What is the author's purpose in sharing this information?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Whose perspective is excluded?