Great Websites for Kids!: Homework Help
A collection of websites vetted by our professional librarians for accurate and unbiased information.
Read alouds and Author Activities
- Grace LinA series of videos highlighting Grace's books and “how to draw…”
- Jan BrettStories and Drawing Instruction
- LUNCH DOODLES with Mo WillemsMo Willems invites you into his studio everyday to draw, doodle and write with him.
- Read Together, Be TogetherParents Magazine and Penguin Random House publishers promote reading with reading and book lists, videos and printables that reinforce a love of reading.
- SeussvilleActivities, crafts, recipes, printables, guides, themes and games all featuring Dr. Seuss books and characters.
- Storyline OnlineStoryline Online®, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Readers include Oprah Winfrey, Chris Pine, Kristen Bell, Rita Moreno, Viola Davis, Jaime Camil, Kevin Costner, Lily Tomlin, Sarah Silverman, Betty White, Wanda Sykes and dozens more.
- Storytime from SpaceListen to a story from space!
- KidLit TVReadalouds by popular authors!
ELA & Reading
- FlocabularyLearning system to help students master standards in Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies and Life Skills. Vocabulary is incorporated into every subject. Free trial available and pricing ranges from individual basic teacher rate to full access for districts.
- PBS Kids Reading GamesPlay games and practice reading skills with some of your favorite characters from PBS Kids. Learn about letters, stories, vocabulary and spelling or try making your own comics, learning spanish or playing matching games.
Homework help and Research
- DK Find OutGeneral interest site with fun facts, quizzes, games and activities on a wide variety of topics from DK publishers. Layout resembles an interactive encyclopedia for kids.
- Fact MonsterEssential reference materials, fun facts and features, and homework help for kids. Content includes an encyclopedia, dictionary, thesaurus, atlas, a homework center, and educational games.
- IPL (Internet Public Library) for kidsEssays on thousands of topics and links to sites of interest to children arranged by subject. Reference materials, story hour books read aloud, science fair ideas and much more available for free
Science & Nature
- Bergen County ZooThe zoo employees share information and videos about the animals living at the zoo almost every day!
- Buggy and Buddy- ScienceSTEM and STEAM activities in categories such as: animals, astronomy, colors, electricity, engineering, physics, plants and weather
- Coffee Cups and CrayonsFun learning games, kid crafts, science experiments and busy bags (reusable, portable activities kids can do themselves)
- Intrepid Sea, Air, & Space MuseumIntrepid's virtual programs are now being offered for free!
- Liberty Science CenterTune into Liberty Science Center's "LSC In the House" live streaming events - science trivia, animal spotlights and simple experiments!
- National Geographic for KidsCheck out National Geographic for quizzes, science experiments, videos, and more!
- World AtlasExplore the world from the comfort of your home!
Learn to Code!
- Code.orgLearn to make your own games, apps and computer drawings. Get introduced to programming languages and skills.
- HopscotchA site for teachers to teach students coding, no experience necessary. Free lesson plans from introductory to advanced coding and integration with other subjects. Paid version includes student account management, custom art and self-paced tutorials.
- VidcodeFree online coding platform for students (10 years old and up) who want to learn to code!
- Bedtime MathBedtime Math has instructions for math games and activities that can be done at home that don’t involve screen time for kids.
- Education.comFree, printable math worksheets!
- SplashLearnLearn math skills through interactive games with rewards to motivate students organized by skills and grade level. Free for parents and teachers to sign up and track their children’s learning.
- ABC MouseGet a 30 day free trial!
- ABC TeachWorksheets and games for all subjects!
- Brain Pop, Jr.Learning games, animated movies and activities in subjects like STEM, social studies, reading/writing, health and arts. Also https://www.brainpop.com/ for upper elementary and middle school students and https://ell.brainpop.com/ for English language learners.
- ChronicleActivity sheets based on books from Chronicle!
- DK Find OutGeneral interest site with fun facts, quizzes, games and activities on a wide variety of topics. An interactive encyclopedia for kids!
- Fun BrainFree books and math games by grade level!
- Homeschool HideoutHomeschool lessons and activities!
- Khan AcademyFree courses giving personalized help in dozens of subjects including math, science, arts & humanities, test prep, economics, careers and more. Many courses by grade level and aligned to standards.
- ScholasticLearn at home with Scholastic!