Teen Book List: Home
Looking for digital content?
OverDrive: OverDrive is a platform for eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, and videos. Have a Kindle? You can send eBooks directly to your device! Need help? Click here. Note: If you're planning on downloading the app then check out Libby. It is owned by OverDrive and has the same content, but is more user friendly than the OverDrive app.
Hoopla: Hoopla is a platform where you can access, ebooks, audiobooks, comics, music, TV shows, and movies. The best part? There's no wait! Find content you want to check out and go for it. Need help? Click here.
Check out our Digital Library Services Guide for more digital and virtual resources.
Looking for Resources on a Personal Subject?
Abusive Relationships: 362.82
Alcohol 362.292, 613.81
Anxiety: 152.46, 616.8522
Birth Control: 613.9
Body Changes/Puberty: 612.661, 613.9
Bullying: 305.343, 371.58
Cutting/Self Harm: 616.8582
Drug Abuse/Addiction: 362.29
Eating Disorders: 616.8526
Health/Hygiene: 613.0423, 613.0424
Pregnancy: 306.8, 618.2
Rape: 362.8, 364.1532
Sex: 613.954, 613.96
Teen Dating Violence: 158.2, 306.73
Trans/Gender Identity: 306.768
Email Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org for discreet assistance.
Mental Health Resources
Mental Health Resources:
- The Trevor Project (1-866-488-7386): Access information preventing suicide and Trevor’s unique resources for LGBTQ youth. Call, Chat, or Text.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255): The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals. Call or Chat. For TTY Users: Use your preferred relay service or dial 711 then 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line (Text HOME to 741741): Connect with a trained crisis counselor to receive free, 24/7 crisis support via text message. Text or Facebook message option available.
- The Center for Safety and Change (845-634-3344): Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services in Rockland County. Call, Chat, or Text.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline (800-656-4673): Call 800.656.HOPE (4673) to be connected with a trained staff member from a sexual assault service provider in your area. Call or Chat.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (1-800-799-7233): Trained expert advocates are available 24/7 to provide confidential support to anyone experiencing domestic violence or seeking resources and information. Call or Chat. TTY: 1-800-787-3224.
Spanish Speaking Resources:
- Nacional de Prevencíon del Suicido (1-888-628-9454): Lifeline ofrece 24/7, gratuito servicios en español, no es necesario hablar ingles si usted necesita ayuda.
Local Resources - these websites list multiple hotlines and websites to visit: