Knitting for Community Service: Local Stores for Knitting Materials
YA students can earn 10 community service hours by knitting a scarf or hat.
Local Stores for Knitting Materials
Where can I buy the materials needed?
- Remember an older relative or friend may have knitting needles that they are willing to lend you. They may be a great resource for you. If available, the library has knitting supplies (not yarn) to borrow. Click here to see what is available.
- For the novice knitter, purchase non-textured yarns because they are easier to work with. New knitters find bamboo needles tend to prevent stitches from accidentally sliding off.
- Acrylic yarns tend to be more affordable and easier to care for.
- Print out the material/instruction list and bring it to the store with you.
- Here are three local stores that you will be able to find the materials you need for these projects:
A C Moore in Nanuet
Michaels in Spring Valley
Knitting Nation in Nyack.