TEEN RECOMMENDATIONS PROGRAM
Please read carefully before writing and submitting a recommendation form to the library.
If you have any questions, contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers must be ENTERING Grades 7 - 12 in Sept. 2020, possess a Moffat Library Card, and be current residents of the Washingtonville School District to be eligible for Community Service credit with the library. If you do not have a library card, visit https://moffatlibrary.org/library-card-sign-up/ to sign up online.
- Fill out the form on this page completely and proofread carefully before submitting. A copy will be emailed to you for your records automatically. Reviews with major grammar or spelling errors, as well as forms which are not completely filled out will be returned for you to correct.
- Reviews should be of books written for Teens and Tweens. If you are reviewing a book for adults, please make a note of that in your review so that we can indicate the age group on the website.
- Reviews should be SPOILER FREE. Don't spoil the fun of reading the book for other people!
- Keep it clean! Reviews which contain inappropriate language will be returned for you to correct.
- Volunteers submitting reviews which contain hate speech of any kind or that have been in any way plagiarized will be permanently disqualified from participating in the Teen Recommendations Program.
- The Teen Recommendations Program should not be viewed as an immediate way to earn Community Service. Community Service hours will be given after your recommendation is approved by the Library. Please allow 7 days for a recommendation to be reviewed.
- Community Service certificates will be sent to you by request only. If you need a form signed for school, etc. please contact Emily so we can make arrangements. Please allow 7 days for turn around.
- Volunteers can submit as many recommendations as they want during July & August 2020. Each approved recommendation will earn you one hour of community service and one entry into the Volunteer Raffle at the end of August. Reviews must be submitted no later than August 31.