New Movies to Fallsburg Library: New Family Movies
New DVDs/Blu Rays and Music CDs available at Fallsburg Library
Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile (DVD ONLY)
- Lyle, Lyle, CrocodileCall Number: JDVD 970 LBased on the best-selling book series by Bernard Waber, Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile, starring Academy Award-winner Javier Bardem, Constance Wu and Shawn Mendes, is a live-action/CGI musical comedy that brings this beloved character to a new, global audience. When the Primm family (Wu, Scoot McNairy, Winslow Fegley) moves to New York City, their young son Josh struggles to adapt to his new school and new friends. All of that changes when he discovers Lyle - a singing crocodile (Mendes) who loves baths, caviar and great music-living in the attic of his new home. The two become fast friends, but when Lyle’s existence is threatened by evil neighbor Mr. Grumps (Brett Gelman), the Primms must band together with Lyle’s charismatic owner, Hector P. Valenti (Bardem), to show the world that family can come from the most unexpected places and there’s nothing wrong with a big singing crocodile with an even bigger personality.
Minions: The Rise of Gru (DVD ONLY)
- Minions: The Rise of GruCall Number: JDVD 966 MLong before he becomes the master of evil, Gru is just a 12-year-old boy in 1970s suburbia, plotting to take over the world from his basement. When the infamous supervillain group, the Vicious 6, ousts their leader, Gru attempts to join their ranks but soon finds himself the mortal enemy of the apex of evil. With Gru on the run, the Minions attempt to learn martial arts to help save him, and Gru discovers that even bad guys need a little help from their friends. Packed with the franchise's signature subversive humor, Minions: The Rise of Gru features more thrilling action than any Despicable Me film ever before!
Vivo (DVD ONLY)
- VivoCall Number: JDVD 964 VFrom the studio that brought you Oscar® winner Spider-Man™: Into the Spider-Verse and the critically acclaimed The Mitchells vs. The Machines — comes Vivo, an animated musical adventure featuring all-new songs from Lin-Manuel Miranda. Vivo, a one-of-a kind kinkajou, spends his days playing music with his beloved owner Andrés. But when tragedy strikes, it’s up to Vivo to deliver a message that Andrés never could: A love letter to his old partner, the famous Marta Sandoval, in the form of a song. Yet in order to get to Marta, who lives a world apart, Vivo will need the help of Gabi – an energetic tween who bounces to the beat of her own offbeat drum – to fulfill his owner’s wishes.
The Witches (DVD ONLY)
- The WitchesCall Number: JDVD 961 WThe darkly humorous and heartwarming tale of a young orphaned boy who, in late 1967, goes to live with his loving Grandma in the rural Alabama town of Demopolis. As the boy and his grandmother encounter some deceptively glamorous but thoroughly diabolical witches, she wisely whisks him away to a seaside resort. Regrettably, they arrive at precisely the same time that the world₂s Grand High Witch has gathered her fellow cronies from around the globe, undercover, to carry out her nefarious plans.
Encanto (Blu Ray + DVD)
- EncantoCall Number: BLU 594 E / JDVD 956 EWalt Disney Animation Studios' ENCANTO, with all-new songs by award-winner Lin-Manuel Miranda, tells the tale of the Madrigals, an extraordinary family living in a magical house in the Colombian mountains. But when Mirabel, the only ordinary family member, discovers the magic surrounding their home is in danger, she may be her family's last hope.
Ron's Gone Wrong (DVD ONLY)
- Ron's Gone WrongCall Number: JDVD 954 RTwentieth Century Studios and Locksmith Animation present "Ron's Gone Wrong," a heart-warming adventure about a young boy and a robot struggling to understand the meaning of true friendship in a world overrun with technology and social media. Directed by J.P. Vine, co-directed by Octavio Rodriquez and written by Peter Baynham and Sarah Smith, "Ron's Gone Wrong" features the voices of Zach Galifianakis, Jack Dylan Glazer, Olivia Colman, Ed Helms and Justice Smith. The film is produced by Julie Lockhart and Sarah Smith with Elisabeth Murdoch and Peter Baynham serving as executive producers.
Boss Baby Family Business (DVD ONLY)
- Boss Baby Family BusinessCall Number: JDVD 951 BHow many Boss Babies can one family hold? He may be a big-shot moneyman now, but Ted Templeton flashes back to his Boss Baby past when he and his brother Tim renew their rivalry and make a shocking discovery! Turns out, Tim's infant daughter Tina inherited Uncle Ted's job as an undercover BabyCorp agent. She's on a secret mission to stop an evil plan to turn babies into brats, and she needs both brothers to help! Ted and Tim now have to turn back into kids for a hilariously outrageous adventure that reminds them of the true power of family!
Raya and the Last Dragon (Blu Ray + DVD)
- Raya and the last DragonCall Number: JDVD 947 R / BLU 588 RWalt Disney Animation Studios' "Raya and the Last Dragon" travels to the fantasy world of Kumandra, where humans and dragons lived together in harmony long ago. But when an evil force threatened the land, the dragons sacrificed themselves to save humanity. Now, 500 years later, that same evil has returned and it's up to a lone warrior, Raya, to track down the legendary last dragon to restore the fractured land and its divided people. However, along her journey, she'll learn that it'll take more than a dragon to save the worldâit's going to take trust and teamwork as well. "Raya and the Last Dragon" features the voices of Kelly Marie Tran as Raya, a warrior whose wit is as sharp as her blade, and Awkwafina as the magical, mythical, self-deprecating dragon named Sisu. Characters also include a street-savvy 10-year-old entrepreneur named Boun, the formidable giant Tong and a thieving toddler Noi with her band of Ongis.
Soul ( Blu Ray + DVD)
- SoulCall Number: JDVD 945 / BLU 586 sWhat is it that makes you...YOU? This November, Pixar Animation Studios' all-new feature film "Soul" introduces Joe Gardner (voice of Jamie Foxx) â a middle-school band teacher who gets the chance of a lifetime to play at the best jazz club in town. But one small misstep takes him from the streets of New York City to The Great Before â a fantastical place where new souls get their personalities, quirks and interests before they go to Earth. Determined to return to his life, Joe teams up with a precocious soul, 22 (voice of Tina Fey), who has never understood the appeal of the human experience. As Joe desperately tries to show 22 what's great about living, he may just discover the answers to some of life's most important questions.
DC League of Superpets (DVD ONLY)
- DC League of SuperpetsCall Number: JDVD 968 DKrypto the Super‐Dog (Johnson) and Superman (Krasinski) are inseparable best friends, sharing the same superpowers and fighting crime in Metropolis side by side. When Superman and the rest of the Justice League are kidnapped, Krypto must convince a rag‐tag shelter pack—Ace the hound (Hart), PB the potbellied pig (Bayer), Merton the turtle (Lyonne) and Chip the squirrel (Luna)—to master their own newfound powers and help him rescue the superheroes.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (DVD ONLY)
- Sonic the HedgehogCall Number: JDVD 965 SThe world’s favorite blue hedgehog is back for a next-level adventure in SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2. After settling in Green Hills, Sonic is eager to prove he has what it takes to be a true hero. His test comes when Dr. Robotnik returns, this time with a new partner, Knuckles, in search for an emerald that has the power to destroy civilizations. Sonic teams up with his own sidekick, Tails, and together they embark on a globe-trotting journey to find the emerald before it falls into the wrong hands.
Cinderella (DVD ONLY)
- CinderellaCall Number: JDVD 962 CFrom Kay Cannon (Pitch Perfect), Cinderella is a musically driven bold new take on the classic fairytale. Our ambitious heroine (Camila Cabello) has big dreams and with the help of her Fab Godmother, she perseveres to make them come true. Cinderella has an all-star cast including Idina Menzel, Minnie Driver, James Corden, Nicholas Galitzine, Billy Porter and Pierce Brosnan.
Sing 2 (DVD ONLY)
- Sing 2Call Number: JDVD 958 SAll your favorite singing, dancing all-stars from Illumination's Sing return in the definitive feel-good event of the year. The ever-optimistic koala, Buster Moon, and his cast have big dreams of staging their most dazzling show yet in the glittering entertainment capital of the world, Redshore City. There's just one hitch: They must persuade the world's most reclusive rock star, Clay Calloway, to join them. Rosita, Ash, Johnny, Meena and Gunter return with all-new characters, spectacular hit songs and electrifying performances in Sing 2, a comedy about the emotional healing power of music.
The Addams Family 2 (DVD ONLY)
- The Addams Family 2Call Number: JDVD 955 AEveryone's favorite spooky family is back! Morticia and Gomez are distraught that their children are growing up, skipping family dinners, and totally consumed with "scream time." To reclaim their bond, they decide to cram Wednesday, Pugsley, Uncle Fester and the crew into their haunted camper and hit the road for one last miserable family vacation. What could possibly go wrong?
Space Jam: A New Legacy (DVD ONLY)
- Space Jam: A New LegacyCall Number: JDVD 952 SWelcome to the Jam! When NBA champion and cultural icon LeBron James and his young son Dom are trapped in a digital space by a rogue A.I., LeBron must get them home safe by leading Bugs, Lola Bunny and the whole gang of notoriously undisciplined Looney Tunes to victory over the A.I.’s digitized champions on the court: a powered‐up roster of NBA and WNBA stars as you’ve never seen them before. It’s Tunes versus Goons in the highest‐stakes challenge of his life, that will redefine LeBron’s bond with his son and shine a light on the power of being yourself. The ready‐for‐action Tunes destroy convention, supercharge their unique talents and surprise even “King” James by playing the game their own way.
Luca (Blu Ray + DVD)
- LucaCall Number: BLU 589 L / JDVD 949 LSet in a beautiful seaside town on the Italian Riviera, Disney and Pixar's original feature film "Luca" is a coming-of-age story about one young boy experiencing an unforgettable summer filled with gelato, pasta and endless scooter rides. Luca (voice of Jacob Tremblay) shares these adventures with his newfound best friend, Alberto (voice of Jack Dylan Grazer), but all the fun is threatened by a deeply-held secret: they are sea monsters from another world just below the water's surface. "Luca" is directed by Academy AwardÂ® nominee Enrico Casarosa ("La Luna") and produced by Andrea Warren ("Lava," "Cars 3").
Tom and Jerry the Movie (DVD ONLY)
- Tom and Jerry the MovieCall Number: JDVD 946 TWhen Jerry moves into a fine hotel on the eve of an important society wedding, the event planner hires Jerry to get rid of him. Unfortunately, the battle which follows is big enough to destroy the wedding, her career, and possibly the hotel -- so the sworn enemies decide to work together to save it all.
Come Away (DVD ONLY)
- Come AwayCall Number: JDVD 944 CIn this imaginative origin story of two of the most beloved characters in literature, Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland, eight-year-old Alice, her mischievous brother Peter, and their brilliant older sibling David let their imaginations run wild one blissful summer in the English countryside, encouraged by their parents Jack and Rose.
Paws of Fury The Legend of Hank (DVD ONLY)
- Paws of Fury: The Legend of HankCall Number: JDVD 969 PIn this fun-filled family adventure, a hard-on-his-luck hound Hank (Michael Cera) finds himself in a town full of cats who need a hero to defend them from a ruthless villain's (Ricky Gervais) evil plot to wipe their village off the map. With help from a reluctant teacher (Samuel L. Jackson) to train him, our underdog must assume the role of town samurai and team up with the villagers to save the day. The only problem… cats hate dogs!
Lightyear (DVD ONLY)
- LightyearCall Number: JDVD 967 LDisney and Pixar's "Lightyear" the definitive origin story of Buzz Lightyear (voice of Chris Evans), the hero who inspired the toy "Lightyear" follows the legendary space ranger on an intergalactic adventure, alongside a group of ambitious recruits, and his robot companion Sox.
The Bad Guys (Blu Ray + DVD)
- The Bad GuysCall Number: BLU 598 B / JDVD 963Never have there been five friends as infamous as The Bad Guys—Mr. Wolf, Mr. Snake, Mr. Piranha, Mr. Shark and Ms. Tarantula. After years of countless heists and being the world's most-wanted villains, the gang is finally caught. Mr. Wolf brokers a deal to keep them out of prison and the Bad Guys set out to fool the world into believing they've gone good. Packed with huge laughs and edgy action, being bad has never been so fun in this action-comedy from DreamWorks Animation based on the best-selling Scholastic book series.
Turning Red (DVD ONLY)
- Turning RedCall Number: JDVD 960 TDisney and Pixar’s Turning Red introduces Mei Lee, a confident, dorky 13-year-old torn between staying her mother’s dutiful daughter and the chaos of adolescence. Her protective, if not slightly overbearing mother, Ming, is never far from her daughter—an unfortunate reality for the teenager. And as if changes to her interests, relationships and body weren’t enough, whenever she gets too excited, she “poofs” into a giant red panda!
Clifford the Big Red Dog (DVD ONLY)
- Clifford the Big Red DogCall Number: JDVD 957 CWhen Emily discovers her little red puppy named Clifford has grown ten-feet overnight, she turns to her eccentric Uncle Casey for help. But when a mad scientist tries to capture the larger-than-life playful pup, it takes the entire neighborhood to hide Clifford as they race across the city. Get ready for the incredible, laugh-out-loud comedy adventure that is BIG fun for the entire family!
Paw Patrol: The Movie (DVD ONLY)
- Paw PatrolCall Number: JDVD 953 PThe PAW Patrol is on a roll…in their first big-screen adventure! When their rival, Humdinger, becomes Mayor of nearby Adventure City and starts wreaking havoc, Ryder and the heroic pups kick into high gear to face the most challenging mission of their PAW Patrol careers. Along the way, the team finds help from a new ally, the savvy dachshund Liberty, and together the PAW Patrol fights to save the citizens of Adventure City! Can the PAW Patrol save the city before it's too late? After all, no city's too big, no pup's too small!
Spirit Untamed (DVD ONLY)
- Spirit UntamedCall Number: JDVD 950 SSpirit Untamed is the next chapter in the beloved franchise full of adventure, family and friendship. Free-spirited Lucky Prescott moves to Miradero to join her estranged father. She is decidedly unimpressed with the sleepy town until she discovers a unique tie to her late mother, who was a fearless horse-riding stunt performer. She quickly forms a bond with a wild mustang named Spirit and makes two new pals who love horses as much as she does. When a heartless wrangler plans to capture Spirit and his herd, Lucky and her friends set off on an epic journey to rescue the horse who has given her an unbreakable connection to her mother's legacy.
Dream Horse (DVD ONLY)
- Dream HorseCall Number: JDVD 948 DExperience the inspiring true story of Dream Alliance, an unlikely racehorse bred by small-town bartender Jan Vokes. With little money and no experience, Jan convinces her neighbors to chip in their meager earnings to raise Dream and compete against the racing elites, becoming a beacon of hope in their struggling community as he rises through the ranks.
The Croods: A New Age (Blu Ray + DVD)
- The Croods: A New AgeCall Number: JDVD 943 C / BLU 585 CThe first prehistoric family is ready for another rocking adventure! The Croods have survived fanged beasts, natural disasters, and even young love, but now they must face their biggest challenge yet: another family! In search of a new home, the Croods discover a walled-in paradise created by the sophisticated Betterman family (emphasis on the "better"). As they try to coexist, the differences between the two families escalate into a full-blown feud, but when a new threat forces both families to embark on an epic adventure, they must all learn to work together…or they'll all go extinct! Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone, Ryan Reynolds, and Peter Dinklage star in this hilarious animated comedy for the whole family!