Children's Series: Some Great Childrens Series at VCL
Read a Series
Use the tabs above or the links below to see series books at Valley Cottage Library!
First Book in the Series
- The Bald Bandit (BOOK 2) byCall Number: JUV-SERIES A TO ZISBN: 9780679884491Publication Date: 1997-09-23Help Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose solve mysteries from A to Z! B is for Bandit . . . There's a bank robber in Green Lawn! A red-haired kid took a video of the crime, but nobody can find him. Without the video, will the robber go free? Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose must track down that kid--before the bandit does!
- The Class Trip from the Black Lagoon byCall Number: JUV-SERIES BLACKISBN: 9780439429276Publication Date: 2004-07-01When mean Mrs. Green announces that her class is going on a trip, the kids imagine a day full of ferocious animals, maniacal monsters, and scary aerial acrobatics. Even worse, Mrs. Green is going to quiz them on everything! Will this class trip be a complete disaster?
- January Joker byCall Number: JUV-SERIES CALENDARISBN: 9780375856617Publication Date: 2009-12-22With the younger siblings of the A to Z Mysteries kids! January is for Joker... In the first book of the Calendar Mysteries--an early chapter book mystery series--Green Lawn\ has a problem! When Bradley Pinto wakes up in the night to strange lights in his backyard, he wonders if there are aliens in town. When he sees three-toed tracks in the snow, he's sure of it. His twin, Brian, and friends Lucy and Nate aren't so certain. But then Lucy's cousin Dink, the twins' brother Josh, and Nate's sister Ruth Rose all disappear. Are there really aliens in Green Lawn? And where could they be taking Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose?
- The Mystery of the Circus Clown byCall Number: JUV-SERIES CAMISBN: 9780142400166Publication Date: 2004-07-22The Cam Jansen books are perfect for young readers who are making the transition to chapter books, and Cam is a spunky young heroine whom readers have loved for over two decades.
- Captain Awesome to the Rescue! byCall Number: JUV-SERIES CAPTAINISBN: 9781442435612Publication Date: 2012-04-03Bad guys beware! Eugene McGillicudy just happens to be the most awesome superhero of all time: Captain Awesome. Eight-year-old Eugene McGillicudy is an imaginative boy who loves comic books and superheroes. Eugene also has his very own supersecret superhero alter ego named Captain Awesome. MI-TEE! When the McGillicudy family relocates to a new town called Sunnyview, Eugene starts a new school, finds a best friend, and even finds time to defend his toys from his two-year-old little sister, Molly! Luckily for Sunnyview,
- The Thirteen Ghosts byCall Number: JUV-SERIES CREEPELLAISBN: 9780545307420Publication Date: 2011-08-01WHO IS CREEPELLA VON CACKLEFUR? I, Geronimo Stilton, have a lot of mouse friends, but none as spooky as my friend CREEPELLA VON CACKLEFUR! She is an enchanting and MYSTERIOUS mouse with a pet bat named Bitewing. Creepella lives in a CEMETERY, sleeps in a marble sarcophagus, and drives a hearse. She is also a special effects and set designer for SCARY FILMS. Her father, Boris von Cacklefur, runs the funeral home Fabumouse Funerals. The von Cacklefur family owns the CREEPY Cacklefur Castle, which sits on top of a skull-shaped mountain in the Valley of the Vain Vampires. YIKES!
- All about Ellie (BOOK 2) byCall Number: JUV-SERIES CRITTERISBN: 9781442457881Publication Date: 2013-01-01The Critter Club has baby bunnies to care for; but is Ellie too busy aiming for showstopper status to help out her friends? The Critter Club is up and running, and so are the girls, especially Ellie! She's wanted to perform her entire life, so when she lands the lead role in Santa Vista Elementary School's Spring Spectacular, it's her big chance to show her stuff! But as Ellie's big performance draws near, will she let the play and her determination to succeed get in the way of being a good friend? What about caring for the baby rabbits that were just brought to The Critter Club? Some very helpful advice from an unexpected source reminds Ellie that being a good friend is just as important as doing what you love.
- Katie and the Cupcake Cure byCall Number: JUV-SERIES CUPCAKEISBN: 9781442422759Publication Date: 2011-05-03This first book in "The Cupcake Diaries" is told through the perspective of Katie Brown. We find Katie miserable on the first day of middle school. Her best friend Callie came back from camp boy-crazy and part of a whole new group of friends. When it's made clear that Callie is in the PGC (Popular Girls Club) and Katie is not invited to join, Katie suddenly feels incredibly alone. Katie realizes if she's going to survive middle school she needs to seriously regroup and find some new friends. But how? She bites into the cupcake her mother packed her for lunch and for a second closes her eyes. The sweet treat makes her happy--finally something goes right Looking around her table, Katie notices the other students seeming a bit lost, as well. Which gives her an idea...With three new friends Katie forms a club as a way to spread the cupcake love and earn some cupcake cash.
- The Trouble with Tink byCall Number: JUV-SERIES DISNEY FAIRIESISBN: 9780736423717Publication Date: 2006-01-10Tinker Bell is supposed to be the best there is at fixing pots and pans, but when she loses her hammer, her talent goes with it. Tink is desperate to reclaim her skill. But does she have the courage to face up to her past?
- Super Burp! byCall Number: JUV-SERIES GEORGEISBN: 9780448453675Publication Date: 2010-07-08The first day at a new school is always the hardest, right? No, not always as George finds out the hard way. On the second day at...Sugarman Elementary School, he is suddenly seized by uncontrollable burps, burps so loud they practically break the sound barrier, burps that make him do wild and crazy stuff and land him in trouble with a capital T. One thing is for sure: these are not normal burps, they are magic burps--and they must be stopped! But how?
- Lost Treasure of the Emerald Eye byCall Number: JUV-SERIES GERONIMOISBN: 9780439559638Publication Date: 2004-02-01Who is Geronimo Stilton? That's me! I run a newspaper, but my true passion is writing tales of adventure. Here on Mouse Island, my books are all best-sellers! What's that? You've never read one? Well, my books are full of fun. They are whisker-licking good stories, and that's a promise! It all started when my sister, Thea, discovered a mysterious map. It showed a secret treasure on a faraway island. And before I could let out a squeak of protest, Thea dragged me into her treasure hunt! In no time at all, we'd set sail for the island. It was an adventure I'd never forget...
- Heidi Heckelbeck and the Cookie Contest (BOOK 3) byCall Number: JUV-SERIES HEIDI HECKELBECKISBN: 9781442441651Publication Date: 2012-05-08Heidi can't wait to enter the famous Heckelbeck Chocolate Chunk Cookies in the annual cookie contest at Brewster Elementary. But when Melanie Maplethorpe laughs and says that HeidI's cookies are blah. Heidi decides they could use a little magic. The result of Heidi's revised recipe is sure to steal the show but wait, what's that strange smell?
- Zeus and the Thunderbolt of Doom byCall Number: JUV-SERIES HEROES IN TRAININGISBN: 9781442457874Publication Date: 2012-08-07After pulling a magical thunderbolt from a stone, ten-year-old Zeus goes on the adventure of a lifetime in this thrilling start to a brand-new series! The terrible Titans;
merciless giants, who enjoy snacking on humans, have dominated the earth and put the world into chaos. But their rule is about to be put to the test as a group of young Olympians discover their powers and prepare to righteously rule the universe....
- Horrible Harry in Room 2B byCall Number: JUV-SERIES HORRIBLEISBN: 0140385525Publication Date: 1997-05-01Doug discovers that although being Harry's best friend in Miss Mackle's second grade class is not always easy--as Harry revels in doing horrible things--it is always exciting.
- Horrid Henry byCall Number: JUV-SERIES HORRIDISBN: 9781444013849Publication Date: 2009Horrid Henry causes his brother Perfect Peter all sorts of problems when he behaves properly for a change, upstages Peter at a dance recital, plays pirates, and goes on a camping trip.
- Ivy + Bean byCall Number: JUV-SERIES IVYISBN: 9780811849036Publication Date: 2006-04-20The moment they saw each other, Bean and Ivy knew they wouldn't be friends. But when Bean plays a joke on her sister, Nancy, and has to hide quickIvy comes to the rescue, proving that sometimes the best of friends are people never meant to like each other. Vibrant characters and lots of humor make this a charming and addictive introduction to Ivy and Bean.
- Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus byCall Number: JUV-SERIES JUNIEISBN: 9780679826422Publication Date: 1992-07-28Meet the World's Funniest Kindergartner--Junie B. Jones! Remember when it was scary to go to school? It's Junie B.'s first day of school and she doesn't know anything. She's so scared of the school bus and the meanies on it that when it's time to go home, she doesn't.
- Anyone but Me! byCall Number: JUV-SERIES KATIEISBN: 9780448426532Publication Date: 2002-05-01Katie Carew, nicknamed Katie Kazoo by the class bully, wishes that she could be anyone but herself, but when her wish comes true and she turns into a hamster, she has to figure out what to do.
- Chocolate Wishes #1 byCall Number: JUV-SERIES MAGIC BUNNYISBN: 9780448467276Publication Date: 2013-01-24Dawn is worried about moving to a new school this year, but when she meets magical bunny Arrow she realizes this year might not be so lonely after all.
- A Special Wish (BOOK 2) byCall Number: JUV-SERIES MAGIC PONIESISBN: 9780448462066Publication Date: 2013-01-10Marcie desperately wants a pony of her own, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Until she discovers magical pony Comet in her backyard, that is! Marcie and Comet have lots of fun while helping each other.
- The Truth about Bats byCall Number: JUV-SERIES MAGIC SCHOOLISBN: 9780439107983Publication Date: 2000-01-01These books combine fun stories with neat facts, humor, illustrations-and they all feature the fabulous Ms. Fizzle!
- Dinosaurs Before Dark byCall Number: JUV-SERIES MAGIC TREEISBN: 9780679824114Publication Date: 1992-07-28Where did the tree house come from? Before Jack and Annie can find out, the mysterious tree house whisks them to the prehistoric past. Now they have to figure out how to get home. Can they do it before dark...or will they become a dinosaur's dinner?
- Miss Child Has Gone Wild! byCall Number: JUV-SERIES MY WEIRDER SCHOOLISBN: 9780061969171Publication Date: 2011-06-21Weirder than ever! The third grade has won a weird contest, so they get to go on a field trip to the zoo. That's how they meet Miss Child, the weirdest zookeeper in the history of the world. She thinks animals are smarter than people! She thinks elephants can paint pictures! She keeps snakes in her pockets for fun! Guess who's going to wind up in a cage with a lion?
- Mr. Cooper Is Super! byCall Number: JUV-SERIES MY WEIRDEST SCHOOLISBN: 9780062284228Publication Date: 2015-02-24A.J.'s third-grade teacher, Mr. Granite, is retiring after a million hundred years. It turns out the new teacher, Mr. Cooper, is even weirder than Mr. Granite! One day he's Rat Man and he teaches about rodents. The next day he's Lava Man and he teaches about volcanoes. But what happens when a real superhero is needed? Will Mr. Cooper protect the school from evil, or just embarrass it to death?
- Miss Daisy Is Crazy! byCall Number: JUV-SERIES MY WEIRD SCHOOLISBN: 9780060507008Publication Date: 2004-06-29Never before has school been this mixed up- or this much fun! Miss Daisy, who teaches second grade, doesn't know how to add or subtract. Not only that, she doesn't know how to read or write, either. She is the dumbest teacher in the history of the world!
- Mrs. Dole Is Out of Control! byCall Number: JUV-SERIES MY WEIRD SCHOOL DAZEISBN: 9780061346071Publication Date: 2008-04-22A.J. and the gang are graduating! But the out-of-control PTA president is turning the whole thing into a huge ceremony complete with fireworks, a petting zoo, and a flyover by the Blue Angels! Is moving up to third grade such a big deal? And what could possibly go wrong?
- Sleepover Sleuths byCall Number: JUV-SERIES NANCYISBN: 9781599613482Publication Date: 2007-09-01Nancy and her two best friends, George and Bess, are so excited! They have been invited to Deirdre's sleepover party! There will be pizza, cake, and even a pajama fashion show. But the most exciting thing is that the party has a City Girls doll theme. All of the guests are bringing their dolls with them! But then Deirdre's City Girls doll -- Hollywood Heather -- goes missing. Is her sleepover ruined? Or is there a detective in the room who can make sense of this mystery?
- Nate the Great byCall Number: JUV-SERIES NATEISBN: 9780440461265Publication Date: 1977-04-15Nate the Great has a new case! His friend Annie has lost a picture. She wants Nate to help her find it. Nate the Great must get all the facts, ask the right questions, and narrow the list of suspects so he can solve the mystery.
- Rise of the Balloon Goons byCall Number: JUV-SERIES NOTEBOOKISBN: 9780545493239Publication Date: 2013-06-25Alexander has just moved to a new town where he is about to uncover all sorts of monsters! He finds an old notebook with the word "DOOM" inscribed on the front cover. The Notebook of Doom, which Alexander now holds, contains top secret information about monsters! In this first book, Alexander goes up against spooky balloon goons - unique and twisted arm-waving balloon men!
- The Coming Storm byCall Number: JUV-SERIES PIRATESISBN: 9781423100188Publication Date: 2006-06-01The story of Jack Sparrow starts here! Teenage stowaway Jack Sparrow has assembled a motley crew, and they're on the quest of a lifetime. Their goal: to locate and procure the legendary Sword of Corts, which will grant them unimaginable power. But will this ragtag team of adventurers survive their first mission, or will they succumb to the power of the sea, vicious pirates, and ancient curses?
- Ruby the Red Fairy byCall Number: JUV-SERIES RAINBOWISBN: 9780439738613Publication Date: 2005-05-01Fairyland is home to seven colorful sisters. Together, they are the Rainbow Fairies! They keep Fairyland dazzling and bright. But when evil Jack Frost sends them far away, the sisters are in big trouble. If they don't return soon, Fairyland is doomed to be gray forever!
- Secret Promise byCall Number: JUV-SERIES RESCUEISBN: 9780545509138Publication Date: 2013-05-28These aren't your average princesses . . . they're the ones who do the rescuing in this fabulous new series! Princess Emily loves being a princess, but wishes royal life could be more exciting. Little does she know that her wish is about to come true! Together with her princess friends, Emily uncovers a plot to destroy all the beautiful deer in nearby Mistberg Forest. Fortunately for the deer, these princesses can do more than curtsy - they have ninja moves and aren't afraid to use them!
- The Big Blueberry Barf-Off! byCall Number: JUV-SERIES ROTTENISBN: 9780060785864Publication Date: 2005-07-01Important Message! Welcome to the Rotten School. We are proud of our school, founded 100 years ago by I. B. Rotten. If you follow the rules, we know your time here will be happy. RULE NUMBER ONE: Watch out for Bernie Bridges. Bernie is trouble! That is my important message. Enjoy your stay. I know that after a short while, you will all truly deserve the name Rotten Students. Headmaster Upchuck: Today we're having the world's grossest pie-eating contest! My ROTTEN HOUSE buddies against the wimps at NYCE HOUSE. Who can eat 25 blueberry pies? Will it get ugly? Who will barf first? Will we win? Dudes, Bernie B. doesn't know the word lose. Ready, set, EAT PIE! Bernie Bridges
- The Hidden Stairs and the Magic Carpet byCall Number: JUV-SERIES SECRETSISBN: 9780590108393Publication Date: 1999-06-01A hidden door. A magical staircase. Discover the world of Droon! Eric, Julie, and Neal have just found something magic in Eric's basement. They have discovered a staircase to another world! The world of Droon is amazing - full of magic, flying lizards, and fun, furry creatures. But how will Eric, Julie, and Neal find their way home? Maybe their new friend, Princess Keeah, can help?
- Sleeping Over byCall Number: JUV-SERIES SLEEPOVERISBN: 9781416927907Publication Date: 2007-05-08WANT TO SLEEP OVER? COME JOIN THE FUN! It's the last week of second grade, and Taylor has big news for her best friends, Emily, Jo, and Kara: She's inviting them to her house on Friday night to celebrate! But this is no ordinary party -- it's going to be their first sleepover party! The girls can't wait to stay up late, play games, and watch movies. But Emily is also secretly worried. She knows her parents aren't going to let her spend the night at Taylor's, and she doesn't want to be left out of all the fun. Will Emily have to stay home and miss the party, or can she find a way to prove to her parents that she's old enough to go?
- Thea Stilton and the Dragon's Code byCall Number: JUV-SERIES THEAISBN: 9780545103671Publication Date: 2009-04-15When Geronimo's sister, Thea, is invited to teach a journalism class at a college, she has no idea that she's going to help solve a mystery. But when a mouse disappears, it's up to Thea and five of her best students to find out what happened.
- Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball byCall Number: JUV-SERIES TIARAISBN: 9780061124310Publication Date: 2007-01-02It's Princess Charlotte's first day at the Princess Academy, and everything goes wrong. Her new friends' beautiful ball gowns are at the bottom of the lake and it's all Charlotte's fault! Will they still want to be friends with her? Will they get to go to the ball? And will they ever earn any tiara points?
- Knights of the Kitchen Table byCall Number: JUV-SERIES TIMEISBN: 9780670836222Publication Date: 1991-05-01Joe's been caught up in a book before, but this is ridiculous! Joe's Book, a gift from his magician uncle, doesn't just tell stories, it zaps Joe and his friends Sam and Fred right into the middle of them. And when these thoroughly modern kids meet King Arthur and become Knights of the Round Table, the result can only be thoroughly amusing mayhem.