OWN THE NIGHT: Books From Beyond
- Marly's Ghost byISBN: 014240912XWhen Ben's girlfriend, Marly, dies, he feels his life is over. What could possibly matter now when Marly is gone? So when Valentine's Day approaches, it makes sense that this day that was once so meaningful to Ben leaves him feeling bitter and hollow. But then Marly shows up'or at least her ghost does'along with three others spirits. Now Ben must take a painful journey through Valentine's Days past, present, and future, and what he discovers will change him forever.
- The New Young Oxford Book of Ghost StoriesISBN: 9780192781543The 26 tales are drawn primarily from the early twentieth century, when the ghost story tradition was at its prime, but the book also includes contributions from contemporary authors who develop and extend the genre. This anthology also contains original stories that have been specially commissioned for this edition.
- Radiance byISBN: 9780312629175Riley has crossed the bridge into the afterlife—a place called Here, where time is always Now. She has picked up life where she left off when she was alive, living with her parents and dog in a nice house in a nice neighborhood. When she’s summoned before The Council, she learns that the afterlife isn’t just an eternity of leisure. She has a job to do.
- A Certain Slant of Light byISBN: 9780618585328In the class of the high school English teacher she has been haunting, Helen feels them: for the first time in 130 years, human eyes are looking at her. They belong to a boy, a boy who has not seemed remarkable until now. And Helen—terrified, but intrigued—is drawn to him.
- The House of Dead Maids byISBN: 0805091165Tabby Aykroyd is brought to the mansion of Seldom House to be nursemaid to a foundling boy. He is a savage creature, but the Yorkshire moors harbor far worse.
- Spellbinder byISBN: 0312387636Belladonna Johnson can see ghosts. It's a trait she's inherited from her mother's side of the family. And it's a trait she could do without, because what twelve-year-old wants to be caught talking to someone invisible?
- Frost byISBN: 9780061799495Leena Thomas's senior year at boarding school starts with a cruel shock: Frost House, the cozy Victorian dorm where she and her best friends chose to live, has been assigned an unexpected roommate'confrontational, eccentric Celeste. What Celeste lacks in social grace, however, her brother, David, makes up for in good looks and charm. As classes get under way, strange happenings begin to bedevil Frost House'frames mys-teriously falling off walls, doors locking by themselves, furniture toppling over. Is this some type of prank?
- The Other Side byISBN: 9780547258294It used to be you needed a crystal, a psychic, or a Oijia board to make contact with the spirit world. So who would think science would make it possible for just about anyone to experience a ghostly connection?
Together, Patrick Burns, Dave Schrader, and Marley Gibson have more than ten years of experience. They have put together this guide to impart their knowledge and wisdom on to the next generation of ghost hunters.
- The Strangers on Montagu Street byISBN: 9780451235268Psychic realtor Melanie Middleton is still restoring her Charleston house and doesn't expect to have a new houseguest, a teen girl named Nola. But the girl didn't come alone, and the spirits that accompanied Nola don't seem willing to leave...
- Twenties Girl byISBN: 9780385342025Lara Lington has always had an overactive imagination, but suddenly that imagination seems to be in overdrive. Normal professional twenty-something young women don't get visited by ghosts. Or do they?
- Ghost in Trouble byISBN: 0061915017When Bailey Ruth Raeburn passed over into the great beyond, she was delighted to discover her sleuthing days would last an eternity. Joining Heaven's Department of Good Intentions, she uses her unique advantages as a ghost-sometimes you see her, sometimes you don't-to help those in need.
- Spook byISBN: 0393329127What happens when we die? Does the light just go out and that's that ”the million-year nap? Or will some part of my personality, my me-ness persist? What will that feel like? What will I do all day? Is there a place to plug in my lap-top?
- Hauntings of the Hudson River Valley byISBN: 9781596292420Do spirits still stalk the Hudson River Valley? In Hauntings of the Hudson River Valley, Vin Dacquino works determinedly to discover the true story behind three enigmatic folk legends: Sybil Ludington, Chief Daniel Nimham and George Denny.
- Ghost Investigator byISBN: 9780971232600A colection of true ghost stories from the Hudson Valley region, by Ghost Investigator Linda Zimmermann.
- The Hanging Hill byISBN: 0375846999How serious is stage fright? At the Hanging Hill Playhouse, it can kill you. After narrowly escaping a malevolent spirit. Zack and Judy are hoping to relax during the rehearsals for a show based on Judy's bestselling children's books. Little do they know that the director is planning to raise a horde of evil specters from the dead, and to accomplish this, he needs a human sacrifice . . . and Zack fits the bill perfectly.
- May Bird and the Ever After byISBN: 141690607XMost people aren't very comfortable in the woods, but the woods of Briery Swamp fit May Bird like a fuzzy mitten. Then May falls into the lake. When she crawls out, May finds herself in a world that most certainly does not feel like a fuzzy mitten. In fact it is a place few living people have ever seen. Here, towns glow blue beneath zipping stars and the people -- walk through walls.
- Scary School byISBN: 0061960926You think your school's scary? Get a load of some of the teachers: Ms. Fang, an 850-year-old vampire. Dr. Dragonbreath, who just might eat you before recess, and I am the new kid? Wish me luck?
- The Old Willis Place byISBN: 0618897410Diana and her little brother have been living in the woods behind the old Willis place, a decaying Victorian mansion, for what already seems like forever. They aren’t allowed to leave the property or show themselves to anyone. But when a new caretaker comes to live there with his young daughter, Lissa, Diana is tempted to break the mysterious rules they live by and reveal herself so she can finally have a friend. Somehow, Diana must get Lissa’s help if she and her brother ever hope to release themselves from the secret that has bound them to the old Willis place for so long.
- The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall byISBN: 054757715XTwelve-year-old orphan Florence looks forward to a new life with her great-uncle and great-aunt at Crutchfield Hall, an old manor house in the English countryside. But she doesn "t expect the ghost of her cousin Sophia, who haunts the cavernous rooms and dimly lit hallways of Crutchfield and concocts a plan to use Florence to help her achieve her murderous goals. Will Florence be able to convince the others in the household of the imminent danger and stop Sophia before it "s too late?
- Ghost Knight byISBN: 9780316056144Eleven-year-old Jon Whitcroft and new friend Ella summon the ghost of Sir William Longspee, who may be able to protect Jon from a group of ghosts that threatens him harm from the day he arrives at Salisbury Cathedral's boarding school.