OWN THE NIGHT: Books With Bite
- Blue Bloods byISBN: 142310126XSchuyler Van Alen is confused about what is happening to her. Her veins are starting to turn blue, and she's starting to crave raw meat. Soon, her world is thrust into an intricate maze of secret societies and bitter intrigue.
- Fat Vampire byISBN: 9780061920905Doug Lee is undead quite by accident - attacked by a desperate vampire, he finds himself cursed with being fat and fifteen forever. Can life get any worse? It can..
- Jessica Rules the Dark Side byISBN: 9780547393094It’s one thing to find out you’re a vampire princess. It’s a whole other thing to actually rule. Newly married Jessica Packwood is having a hard enough time feeling regal with her husband, Lucius, at her side. But when evidence in the murder of a powerful elder points to Lucius, sending him into solitary confinement, Jessica is suddenly on her own.
- My Blood Approves byISBN: 1453816720Seventeen-year-old Alice Bonham's life feels out of control after she meets Jack. He is unlike anyone she's ever met. Then she meets his brother, Peter. His eyes pierce through her, and she can barely breathe when he's around. Even though Peter can't stand the sight of her, she's drawn to him. Can she be falling for two very different guy?
- My Swordhand Is Singing byISBN: 9780375846892When Thomas and his son, Peter, settle in Chust as woodcutters, Tomas digs a channel of fast-flowing waters around their hut, so they have their own little island kingdom. Peter doesn't understand why his father has done this, nor why his father carries a long, battered box, whose mysterious contents he is forbidden to know.
But Tomas is a man with a past: a past that is tracking him with deadly intent, and when the dead of Chust begin to rise from their graves, both father and son must face a soulless enemy and a terrifying destiny.
- Pretty Dead byISBN: 9780061547850An acclaimed writer brings to life the lush, centuries-old world of a lonely vampire girl.
- Tantalize byISBN: 9780763627911Quincie Morris has never felt more alone. Her parents are dead, and her hybrid-werewolf first love is threatening to embark on a rite of passage that will separate them forever. Then, as she and her uncle are about to unveil their hot vampire-themed restaurant, a brutal murder leaves them scrambling for a chef. Can Quincie transform their new hire into a culinary Dark Lord before opening night?
- Unnatural byISBN: 9780758253385Michael Howard and Ronan Glynn-Rowley meet at Archangel Academy, an all-boys school in Eden, a rural town in north western England. Both are outcasts and decried as unnatural, Michael because he's gay, and Ronan because he's a hybrid vampire.
- The Passage byISBN: 0345504968First, the unthinkable: a security breach at a secret U.S. government facility unleashes the monstrous product of a chilling military experiment. Then, the unspeakable: a night of chaos and carnage gives way to sunrise on a nation, and ultimately a world, forever altered. All that remains for the stunned survivors is the long fight ahead and a future ruled by fear-of darkness.
- The Society of S byISBN: 1416534571Vampires can, too, be kind and sensitive. Ask half-vampire, half-human 13-year-old Ariella Montero.
- Twelve byISBN: 9781616142414Russia, 1812. It began as a last stand against Napoleon's invading army. It would end as a fight against an enemy of mankind itself...Full of historical detail, thrilling action and heart-stopping supernatural moments.
- American Vampires byISBN: 0393026787Vampires are all-American guys. Having successfully survived their journey from Eastern Europe, they have taken root in American culture where for some people they are entertainment and for others a definite reality.
- The Complete Vampire Companion byISBN: 0671850245This armchair guide to the unsettling, yet entertaining, realm of the undead has something to satisfy the unholy curiosity of everyone who's felt the allure of the vampire - from the oral tradition and lore of the vampire cults of Eastern Europe to the romantic figures of Dracula and Lestat.
- The Dead Travel Fast byISBN: 031237111xThe undead are everywhere. They're not just in movies and books, but in commercials, fetish clubs, and even in your breakfast cereal. If you look, you'll discover that bloodsuckers have gone from guest spots in rural folk tales to becoming some of the most recognizable bad guys in the modern world. Eric Nuzum wanted to find out why and how this happened.
- Fang of the Vampire byISBN: 9780763646080Deadstock, the world's greatest zombie rock festival, is coming to Scream Street. But when Sir Otto Sneer banishes the concert headliners to the evil Underlands, he causes a riot. It's up to Luke to restore peace to the neighborhood. Illustrations.
- Vampalicious! byISBN: 9780060871215Even though twin sisters Ivy and Olivia, separated at birth, have only been reunited for a few months, they can't imagine life without each other. But Mr. Vega has decided to move to Europe-and he's taking Ivy with him! Oh, no! With Olivia's cheerleader optimism and Ivy's vampire craftiness, they're determined to come up with a plan that will keep Ivy and her dad in Franklin Grove. But what?
- A Taste for Red byISBN: 9780547144627Svetlana Grimm has recently discovered she's a vampire. The clues are all there: she can eat only red foods, has to sleep under the bed because of her heightened sensitivity to light and noise, and can read others' thoughts. But this new discovery is making her transition from home-schooling to attending sixth grade at Sunny Hill Middle School that much more difficult. After all, what can she possibly have in common with those jellybean-eaters in her class? She prefers to watch them from afar in her hidden lair atop the Oak of Doom in her backyard.
- This Totally Bites! byISBN: 9780545208789Twelve-year-old Emma-Rose Paley has always felt different from her bubbly, outgoing parents. Unlike them, Emma-Rose has pale skin and jet-black hair, is quiet and moody, and prefers gray weather to sunshine. She also hates the taste of garlic, has very sharp incisors, and loves rare burgers. When Emma-Rose uncovers a dark family secret, she has a sudden revelation. Could Emma-Rose be a real, live vampire?
- Vampire State Building byISBN: 9780060000547Sam Bamford loves playing online chess with his friend Vlad, who is from Romania. Vlad says he's a beginner, like Sam, but he beats Sam every time. But Sam's brother, Robert, is sure Vlad knows vampires, since the original Dracula lived in Romania. Then Vlad tells Sam he's coming to New York, where Sam lives, for a chess tournament. A beginner in a chess tournament? Is Vlad keeping secrets from Sam?
- V Is For... Vampire byISBN: 9780399252778Lexie might be the first vampire ever to run for ninth-grade class president, but she's determined to make dreamy Dylan notice her, even if it means running against perfect, popular.