Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
To learn more about the author and her works: Emily Henry
Get Personal with Emily Henry
Emily Henry lives and writes in Cincinnati and Kentucky's Northern Ohio River region. She studied creative writing at Hope College and the now-defunct New York Center for Art & Media Studies. She is a full-time writer and proofreader.
Other books by Emily Henry
From Penguin Random House
1. Nora sees herself almost as the villainess in someone else’s love story. Who are some of your favorite villainesses—whom you either outright love or love to hate?
2. Nora reads the last page of a book first. Libby likes to go in knowing as little as possible. How do you prefer to read?
3. What was the book that made you fall in love (or fall in love again) with reading?
4. Would you rather spend a month in Sunshine Falls, or in Nora’s New York life? Why?
5. Have you ever felt like different places brought out different parts of you?
6. As Libby and Nora grow, they have to accept that life is carrying them in different directions. Have you ever been through something like that with a friend or family member?
7. Nora and Libby grew up together, and yet they experienced their childhoods very differently. Why do you think that is? Have you ever had this happen with a family member or friend?
8. Charlie initially set out to write and wound up editing. Nora wanted to edit and became an agent instead. Have you ever pursued something that led you in a different direction?
9. As children, Nora and Libby would change the endings of stories if they didn’t like them. If you could change the ending of one book, what would it be and how would you change it?
10. All of Nora’s exes have ended up with partners who were seemingly totally different than them. Nora and Charlie, however, are peas in a pod. Do your favorite fictional couples tend to fall in one category or the other? Do you feel the same about real-life relationships?
11. One of Nora’s biggest struggles is finding the balance of how much to compromise in her life for those she loves. What role do you think compromise plays in love? What, to you, is uncompromisable?
12. What is your idea of a happy ending?
Reserve a copy
Book Lovers by
Publication Date: 2022-05-03
Nora Stephens' life is books--she's read them all--and she is not that type of heroine. Not the plucky one, not the laidback dream girl, and especially not the sweetheart. In fact, the only people Nora is a heroine for are her clients, for whom she lands enormous deals as a cutthroat literary agent, and her beloved little sister Libby. Which is why she agrees to go to Sunshine Falls, North Carolina for the month of August when Libby begs her for a sisters' trip away--with visions of a small town transformation for Nora, who she's convinced needs to become the heroine in her own story. But instead of picnics in meadows, or run-ins with a handsome country doctor or bulging-forearmed bartender, Nora keeps bumping into Charlie Lastra, a bookish brooding editor from back in the city. It would be a meet-cute if not for the fact that they've met many times and it's never been cute. If Nora knows she's not an ideal heroine, Charlie knows he's nobody's hero, but as they are thrown together again and again--in a series of coincidences no editor worth their salt would allow--what they discover might just unravel the carefully crafted stories they've written about themselves.
The Stand-In by
Publication Date: 2022-05-03
Gracie Reed was fired at the worst possible moment. She's been scraping together every dollar to get her mother into a memory care center.Then a paparazzo mistakes her for a famous Chinese actress and the resulting snapshot's gone viral. Due to their uncanny resemblance, actress Wei Fangli wants Gracie to be her stand-in. The catch? Gracie will have to be escorted by Sam Yao, the other half of Chinese cinema's golden couple. Soon Gracie moves into a world of luxury she never knew existed. But resisting her attraction to Sam, and playing the role of a movie star, proves more difficult than she ever imagined--especially when she learns the real reason Fangli needs to step out of the spotlight.All the effort in the world won't be able to help Gracie keep up this elaborate ruse without losing herself...and her heart.
What You Wish For by
Publication Date: 2020-07-14
Samantha Casey loves everything about her job as an elementary school librarian. But when the school suddenly loses its beloved principal, it turns out his replacement will be Duncan Carpenter--a former, unrequited crush of Sam's. When Duncan shows up as her new boss, though, he's nothing like the sweet teacher she once swooned over. He's become stiff, and humorless, and obsessed with school safety. Now, with Duncan determined to destroy everything Sam loves about her school in the name of security--and turn it into nothing short of a prison--Sam has to stand up for everyone she cares about.
In Five Years by
Publication Date: 2020-03-10
Where do you see yourself in five years? Dannie Kohan lives her life by the numbers. Her meticulous planning seems to have paid off after she nails the most important job interview of her career and accepts her boyfriend's marriage proposal in one fell swoop, falling asleep completely content. But when she awakens, she's suddenly in a different apartment, with a different ring on her finger, and beside a very different man. Dannie spends one hour exactly five years in the future before she wakes again in her own home on the brink of midnight--but it is one hour she cannot shake. In Five Years is an unforgettable love story, but it is not the one you're expecting.