2020 Annual Report Guide: Home
Recording of RCLS 2020 Annual Repot Workshop
Workshop and Reports
Annual Report Workshop Meeting for All Directors and Library Personnel who will work on their Annual Reports
Workshop will run from 9:30 a.m. to Noon.
Stay on Zoom with us and work on your survey. We will be readily available to answer your questions.
Library reports are available NOW on the tab - Section 2 & 4 - Library Collections & Library Transactions
For the first time we have an Annual Report LibGuide that has all the information and answers RCLS usually provides, updates, tips and FAQs, and more all in one place.
You can navigate each tab at the top for nuanced help as you complete the parts of the Annual Report.
Annual Report 2020
The Annual Report is a yearly report that public libraries in New York State are required to complete. It is split up into 14 parts. As you move through the annual report, please click on the appropriate tab at the top of this guide for resources and help. Resources will often include actual answers to some of your questions.
Bibliostat CollectConnect is the 'portal' that you enter your annual report information into. The Division of Library Development unlocked the software on January 26, 2021.
Annual Report information is due in Bibliostat CollectConnect by February 22, 2021. It is important that you review and check the information, comparing to last year's report if needed. We will review and contact you with any questions before submitting to the state.
- EDIT CHECKS: Since the pandemic has affected libraries so drastically, there will be some disabling of federal edit checks. More on this to come from DLD. Otherwise, please provide notes for any figures that have a large increase or decrease and make sure that all notes are clear. If the note is for an edit check, make sure that the note answers the question being asked by the edit check.
- OUTLINE OF MAJOR CHANGES. DLD has released their Outline of Major Changes for 2020. The document can also be found on our Let's Get Started tab. Several new COVID-19 related questions have been announced. The question numbers are yet to be determined, but DLD has sent out the following list of new questions. NEW COVID-19 Related Questions
- ANNUAL REPORT INSTRUCTIONS: The Division of Library Development provides its own detailed instructions for the annual report. Should you have a question not answered in the LibGuide, their instructions can be found in the Instructions from DLD box on the Let's Get Started tab.
- BOARD APPROVAL/ASSURANCE - Plan ahead to have your report done and reviewed by your library board, typically at your February meeting, but most likely March this year. Your board's date of approval will be noted in question 12.42. It's ok if your board officially approves your report after it's been submitted to RCLS. Please contact us if you have any changes.
Log In to Your Annual Report Survey
The New York State Division of Library Development provides the link to Baker & Taylor's Bibliostat CollectConnect where you will log in and to input your library's 2020 data. Generally, this link is unlocked and ready to use by mid-to-late-January. Refer to their annual report page for instructions for filling out your annual report, an outline of major changes, and a list of supported browsers plus helpful information if you are having difficulties accessing and using the Baker & Taylor site.
RCLS will send out an email to notify you when the site is officially open for data entry.
Every library should have their username and password information. It is the same as last year. Please notify Stephen at RCLS if you do not remember or have lost your login credentials.
- Print out a copy of last year's report. Use it to help you with answers this year!
- RCLS will provide your Electronic Resources Collection and Circulation statistics. This year, we will post a PDF of all reports for you in this LibGuide in the Section 2, 4 & 5 tab. You may then print them as necessary. This will save us the time that it takes to print, collate, prepare for delivery, and arrive at your library. (Printed reports will not be delivered to you this year.)
- The state has released a series of Yes or No Covid related questions. Please see the New COVID questions tab.
- Gather your Board of Trustees contact information for Part 10. Remember, this information is for current library trustees on February 1st, 2021.
- Gather financial data for Parts 11-14, especially if you rely on others for this information.